Charge off date. Where is it on my report???

As I review my credit reports I cannot figure out how to determine the charge off date or the date when the account went delinquent. I have a few :( delinquent debts and want to know when the seven year clock begins. If all else fails, can I write the credit reporting agencies to clarify?

Another topic of confusion is the meaning of “date reported” on the report. How does that affect the start of the seven year clock?

Thanks in advance. LC

As I review my credit reports I cannot figure out how to determine the charge off date or the date when the account went delinquent. I have a few :( delinquent debts and want to know when the seven year clock begins. If all else fails, can I write the credit reporting agencies to clarify?

The date that will determine when a negative account will be removed is the DOFD (date of 1st delinquency). The CO date is usually 180 days after the DOFD, but it isn't always. For EX, you'll have determine the DOFD by the history being reported (starting from when you last paid on the account & never brought it back current). EQ uses the DOLA as the DOFD for revolving and installment accounts (yes, this is wrong, but nobody's trying to do anything about it); collection accounts will have the DOFD. TU only reports the date that it will fall off of your report. If you need the most accurate reporting, you should contact the OC & not the CRA. The CRA can only tell you what is being reported on your CR.

Another topic of confusion is the meaning of “date reported” on the report. How does that affect the start of the seven year clock?

It doesn't. "Date Reported" is just the date that the TL was reported.