DV a paid in full collection account after the fact?

Gandolf

Does this work? Is the collection agency still required to respond and show the proof that you owed money and defaulted in the past, assuming this is well after the initial 30 days? If so I am going to use this as part of the 1-2 punch but I need to have this clarified first. Thanks guys, this place is great and will be a new home for me.

• 4 weeks later...
You should've posted this in the "Collections" forum.

Wrong, because I was asking about removing the collection from my credit report to fix my credit, not disputing the actual money owed to the collector as I have already paid it. Now, can anyone give a response to my specific questions?

The "Collections" forum is for any questions/concerns pertaining to collections. Posting your questions there would yield more responses.

No, a CA doesn't have to respond to a DV if payment occurred more than 30 days prior to requesting the DV. Payment is admission to initial communication occurring that day or before.

The "Collections" forum is for any questions/concerns pertaining to collections. Posting your questions there would yield more responses.

No, a CA doesn't have to respond to a DV if payment occurred more than 30 days prior to requesting the DV. Payment is admission to initial communication occurring that day or before.

My question pertained just as much to credit repair as it did to collections so I chose the credit repair forum as there is more activity.

MODS where are you guys, and don't you there to talk to Angel like that, newbie come in here talking all reckless, she answer your question that in the Ways to Remove Paid Collections thread answers the question you were asking

She (inaccurately) accused me of posting in the wrong forum and all I did was explain to her that I had not made a mistake. I hardly consider that wreckless. And shouldn't the rules be the rules whether a member here has 17 posts or 17,000 posts? I found HER posts, not mine, to be just a little rude if I must say.

She (inaccurately) accused me of posting in the wrong forum and all I did was explain to her that I had not made a mistake. I hardly consider that wreckless. And shouldn't the rules be the rules whether a member here has 17 posts or 17,000 posts? I found HER posts, not mine, to be just a little rude if I must say.

if you do go to another forum then, and she did not accused you, she just told you what a mod would have told you, that thread belongs in the Collections forum, and that's where it belongs regardless of traffic, that's how we keep everything organized here, and believe me everyone here treats everyone fair, it's just not fair that she told you to post it in the right forum and you came back with that attitude, and if you have read her posts then you would have gained a lot of knowdlege from them

if you do go to another forum then, and she did not accused you, she just told you what a mod would have told you, that thread belongs in the Collections forum, and that's where it belongs regardless of traffic, that's how we keep everything organized here, and believe me everyone here treats everyone fair, it's just not fair that she told you to post it in the right forum and you came back with that attitude, and if you have read her posts then you would have gained a lot of knowdlege from them

Here's the problem with what you just said: I did not post this in the wrong forum. Period. My goal is to remove this paid collection from my 3 credit reports so it is in the credit repair forum.

Here's the problem with what you just said: I did not post this in the wrong forum. Period. My goal is to remove this paid collection from my 3 credit reports so it is in the credit repair forum.

wait until LNY gets in and we'll see, now she also suggested that you will find more info there, specially at that thread, believe her and you won't waste your time waiting for a reply, because everything it's there

Just forget about it guys; I already have. I directed a member to the correct forum; they disagreed. I supplied an answer; they chose to respond to my direction instead of to my answer. Hey...it's however he/she chooses to get help. I'll just refrain from offering mine. No love lost. Too much of it to give around here. Some pple just don't know how to appreciate my help, I guess.8]

Just forget about it guys; I already have. I directed a member to the correct forum; they disagreed. I supplied an answer; they chose to respond to my direction instead of to my answer. Hey...it's however he/she chooses to get help. I'll just refrain from offering mine. No love lost. Too much of it to give around here. Some pple just don't know how to appreciate my help, I guess.8]

They don't call you an Angel for nothin'.

I am going to direct you to the "Ways to removepaid collections" sticky in the Collections forum.

You asked for advice and were told where to go to find the information, and instead you chose to argue about it. Please keep your threads civil.

Whatever. Please explain exactly what I said that wasn't civil.