So I disputed some items on my TU...

willingtocope

Went online through annualcreditreport.com and disputed some TLs on my TU report. They emailed me the results (which I can't view because of a password problem that I'll have to wait a few days to sort out (they'r conviently not open today)), but, here's an interesting thing.

One of the entries I disputed was for an "incorrect address". When we had a company, I had some company CCs in the company name and with the company address as the billing address. These were company cards, but I was a "personal gurantor". We never lived at that address (its an office building) and any personal liability we may of had was discharged in our BK 7 two years ago. (And, note that I "opted out" back then.)

So...here's the thing...beginning a few days after I disputed, I started getting eMails from spammers that want to help me refiance. The address they list is the old company address.

Hmmmm....is this just a coincidence, or did somebody who pulled my CR to verify something, pass my info to a spammer? Obiviously, I need to check the TU CR to see who pulled my reports, but...there ought to be some money in here somewhere...

Doesn't TU farm out their telephone work to Bombay, Mumbai, or some other 'exotic' locale now??

If they do, THAT could explain alot. I remember a few years back.....I forget if it had to do with Citi or if it were medical records, but I remember it was a big one. This one that was doing the processing work in India attempted to blackmail the parent company using all of the personal information that she had compiled on thier clients.

Scary stuff, huh? What ever happened to the days when the CS number for your bank was THE number for your local branch?????

But I digress as a man with a grievience often will......