Jump to content

writing to CRA after time's up from DVing CA

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm really needing some help here. I've been reading this site all over for a few months now. I must say that it makes my head spin with all the knowledge that is here! Thank you.

I am having a difficult time finding what to say to the CRA after you've DV'd a collection agency and they never responded. Same with an OC, I've followed all instructions/steps and OC never responded.

Could someone please give me some pointers of what to say in my letters back to the CRA's for each instance? I've drafted something for the letter regarding the OC, but, would really like input so I can get this right the first time!

Thank you in advance!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

DV 30 days was up for the OC on July 2nd. DV 30 days was up for CA on July 4th. I did dispute the items as well.

I am not monitoring my credit. This is something I want to do, but, was not financially able. It is on my list of goals, and I should be able to accomplish this goal in one week! (next pay check) What service do you recommend?

There IS a sample form on this site that covers this topic, HOWEVER, when you click onto the letter, it's NOT the letter that is supposed to be there. Instead, I believe it is a letter to a CA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I live in PA. . . . . don't believe that matters, but wanted to let you know.

Thanks a bunch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the OC verify your CRA dispute before you sent your dispute (not DV) letter?

If yes, then the OC has violated the FCRA. File your lawsuit.

As far as the CA goes, did you DV within 30 days of their initial contact with you? Are they continuing collection activity?

If both answers are yes, then the CA has committed a violation. File your lawsuit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the thing. . . . . I REALLY don't want to file a lawsuit (I don't think I qualify at this point) I just want these things off my reports.

With the particular OC that I'm disputing, it's my doctor, and I AM still a patient of his. My letter to his office was more of a goodwill, with quotes of the FCRA and a 30 day limit. My doctor isn't the one listed on my report, his collection agency is. While my doctor has no records (old debt, but not outside SOL yet) of my lack of payment, the CA has my doctor's original bill, which was paid to my doctor over 4 years ago! I thought by going to the source, I could get the CA off my record. On my report, it lists my doctor as the OC under the CA.

As for the other CA. No, it is not within the first contact from them. Actually, I filed BK and was discharged in Feb. of this year. I'm just trying to get this crap off my reports. Now, the more I'm reading, if they (CA) still reports "charge off" after BK, that's not right? So, I can dispute that and try for deletion that way?

I don't know if any of this makes sense to you. I know my head is constantly spinning from everything I read here. I wish I could retain more!

I was just hoping for direction of what to say back to a CRA. If you have another link to try, or some tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While my doctor has no records (old debt, but not outside SOL yet) of my lack of payment, the CA has my doctor's original bill, which was paid to my doctor over 4 years ago!

OK, a little clarification is needed. Is this debt paid or unpaid?

If unpaid, offer a PFD to the CA every month until they accept. If paid, read the "WAYS TO REMOVE PAID COLLECTIONS" sticky in the Collections forum. Multiple DV letters to the CA, then re-disputing with the CRA by providing the stack of green cards might work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad advice. First, if the CA was included in BK, it can't list as charge off.

Second, go to the Dr and ask him if he will call off the CA in exchange for payment, but tell him you need it in writing.


Runnning off to the court everytime you get a violation will only piss off the judge. You want to appear to be a victim, not a money hunting, suit happy idiot. I would advise people to spend at least a couple of months and have at least 12 violations before filing a suit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, thank you both for your responses.

All my dept was included in my BK. I'm just wanting to clean up my reports at this point so I may buy a house. I don't want to go to court over any of this.

The doctor's bill WAS PAID to the doctor BEFORE it went to collection. How they even showed up on my report is beyond me. They've obviously been there for quite a while, I wish I had known! That bill is almost 6 years old already! Geez, another year and it will be off my record!

In this case, the doctor's office, and his billing office are seperate. I spoke directly with my doctor, and mailed the "goodwill" letter to the billing office(he told me to do that). I've received no response.

So, I have my green card, the letter I sent, and now I want to write back to the CRA's. What do I say? Is there a link? Other than the incorrect sample letter?

Thank you both for your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're right; I gave bad advice. I didn't see the BK discharge part. My bad. :oops::oops:

I've successfully sued with less than 12 violations on several occasions and won, so maybe it has more to do with sympathetic, liberal California judges. I'll be more careful in what I say next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.