Credit Secrets Bible??? Anybody read it???

startover

Adding trade lines to your report that are not yours is... let me see, how did Recovering Attorney phrase it.... oh yes, FRAUD.

It's illegal, just like getting another SSAN or Tax ID in order to obtain credit. It's all illegal and you'll never see that kind of thing recommended on this site.

I only glanced at the link. What I was referring to is getting a tradeline like Crown Jewelers, because they don't check your credit but will report once you purchase something. I was not referring to doing anything illegal, just so ya all know...

I don't think Credit Secrets Bible was recommending anything illegal. I could be wrong though

But with all of the information on this forum, I'm sure I can find the answers I am looking for here rather than spend the money on a book. Thanks for the input. :)

Quoted from the credit secrets bible site

(Two "Unique Letters" you can use to PAY OFF your bills for as little as .27 cents on the dollar)

Does anyone here know or heard about this or could it just be a settlement letter?

This might be my favorite part:

To Put Your Plan In Motion You Must Know Who The Credit Reporting Agencies Are.

Major Credit Reporting Agencies

1. Chilton Creditmatch Systems, 12606 Greenville Ave., Dallas, TX 75243

2. CIB "Credit Bureau Inc."/EQUIFAX, P.O. Box 4091, Atlanta, GA 30302

3. Pinger Systems/Associated Credit Services Inc., 652 E. North Belt, Ste. #400, Houston, TX 77060

4. TRW Credit Information, 505 City Parkway West, Orange, CA 92667

Nothing like accurate, timely information... :roll:

Oh God! Their section on credit scoring says you are given a certain number of points for factors such as your age, income, time in your job, home ownership and having a telephone. "If, for example, you needed a score of 25 to get credit, you would need to make sure you had enough income at a certain age (and, perhaps a telephone) to qualify for credit."

What century was this thing written in? I can't believe these people are allowed to sell this outdated, inaccurate garbage!! :x

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS "TOOL" OR EVEN READ IT.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.thecreditbible.com/index.html

Great tool to use with this site!

I found this and I personally think it is a dangerous statement...

"You have the right to STOP collection agencies from ever writing or calling you again. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act contains an empowering tool in for the consumer. By law, a collection agency must stop contacting you after they receive a letter telling them to. The body of the letter should basically read:

You are hereby notified under provision of public laws 95-109 and 99-361, also known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices act, that your services are no longer needed.

Your organization is to immediately CEASE & DESIST all attempts to collect this debt. I will not recognize any collection agency and will deal only with the original creditor (WHOEVER THE CREDITOR IS)."

I don't think you can just "decide" to only deal with the OC and not "recognize" a CA.

Opinions?

You are well within your rights to send a C&D letter. sometimes they'll go away, sometimes you'll wind up in court. just depends on the specifics of your particular situation. I certainly wouldn't recommend all willy-nilly sending a C&D to any and all CA's and / or JDB's that contact you just because...... you have to evaluate each situation individually.