can this be done?

budercup

Hello everyone, as I have stated before all my derog and neg started 01-02 still have 8 derog, and 4 collections- still working on them. I own my house out right and would like to get a home equity loan to pay off my 2 positive TL and do some home improvement.

My question is if I go through a local bank and get approved, can I ask them not to report my employer or phone number just my account info, lates (hope to not have any), date opened just common things.

I am scared that if I do get this loan then the CA are going to realize hey she just got a new loan and has a job we can go after her.

Has anyone brought this subject up before or is it totally out of the question? Any input would be appreciated

I originally posted this in mortgage forum but had no response.

Your bank will require you to pay off all your debts so the creditors can't put a lien on your property. The banks will not lend money out with outstanding debt that may cause them headackes.

Now on the plus side if I understand you correctly you own your house out right, meaning it's paid off. How much is your outstanding debt?

Sooner or later collections will come after you no matter what is on your credit report. There are many other ways to find people other then a credit report, so don't worry about the information on your credit report.

I would worry about the outstanding debt and getting that information removed.

I only have 4 collections on mr 3 CR combined. 3 for under $200, just paid one last week. Sent PFD to the other 2. And last a 7k collection from First USA CC - now under Unifund and original creditor on TU states Chase and EX Bank one.(original amount 2k which has grown to 7k) Have disputed all 3 cra. EQ deleted, TU updated and waiting on EX.

But still have 8 derog. from 2 paid co, 3 lates and 3co that have not been paid. Only one CA has contacted me in 4yrs. I just thought it was b/c I didn't update phone, address or employer on CR.

Thanks again for your help.

My question is if I go through a local bank and get approved, can I ask them not to report my employer or phone number just my account info, lates (hope to not have any), date opened just common things.

Never asked for sympathy just answer and/or advise isn't that what this site if for :?:

Hun, as Northern Lights said...if a CA wants to find you, they can find you W/O pulling your CR. To add, if they want to collect from you, they will try to regardless if you have a job or not. If you're worried about CAs finding your CR, why don't you just opt out? Even that won't make them all go away.

Most banks send in a standard form viva the internet with your information. The banks will not listen to you regarding not putting your information into the credit bureaus. They are in the business to lend money and make money and are hand in hand with the credit bureaus because they depend on them for your credit information.

You are really stuck in the middle with your current situation, but when you disputed your accounts all your creditors will have your current address.

Best of Luck, and just keep on reading this board.

• 2 weeks later...
not sympathetic at all

Well checked my reports today and all 3 7k Unifund acct delete, and it's not like I had the extra 7k to pull out of my back pocket (like an attorney would), so I used the info and advice from this site and am actuall seeing improvemnt.

Your bank will require you to pay off all your debts so the creditors can't put a lien on your property. .

When you say pay off all debts does that mean everything I owe that reports derog/ CO or just ones in collection accounts?