Whose responsible for reporting?

Jerky

I had a judgment from 2003, paid in Jan. 2005, and is being reported with Equifax as an open judgment. My question is, is it the responsibilty of the debt collector to report this as being paid to the CRA? I would think it would be their's since they filed it with them in the first place. I know I could send the documentation to Equifax myself, but I'd like to know that it is the CA's responsibilty to do so.

BUMP-

Ok, it's my thought that it's THEIR job to report accurate information.

Try disputing the listing (via credit bureaus) to see what happens.

Does it read as "unpaid" or "paid?" I'm not well versed on judgments so I'm sure someone will be along who will have a better idea...but I'm thinking that THEY need to report the judgment as paid.

Elyse

The status field on mr CR is just blank. I got a court order to have the judgment listed as paid, I believe the CA contacted the county court house where it is listed and notified them that it was paid, but not the CRA. These guys have been jerking me around for a while, so my thought was if it's their responsibilty and they have'nt, I want to file a complaint with the Court and the FTC.

If you have a court order indicating that the status MUST BE marked "paid" than you have a contempt of court case against whoever was suppose to list it as paid. It's been what, 2 yrs now? I think that's plenty of time!!

If it were me, I'd send them a letter via CMRRR indicating that they have an opportunity to "correct" their reporting errors (I think there is a time line that they have to do this in?) and I'd give them that amount of time and if it wasn't corrected by than, I'd contact the FTC, BBB and whoever else their violation would apply to.

IF you've already sent them letters and such-file your complaints along with a copy of your letters/cmrrr receipts. That's what I'd do anyway. I try to work things out directly w/ the company and when that doesn't work I take advantage of the other things available to me to achieve results.

It just amazes me that these people have the cahonies to wonder why there are debt issues and BK issues!! They refuse to work with anyone on any kind of a rational level!!! :roll:

Elyse