Where's my letter?

On June 6th we applied online for financing for a furniture store with American General Financial Services. Was immediately told, "requires further review by representative," & "will receive a response via e-mail within 24 hours.

Not even a minute passes when we receive this email:

Thank you for applying blah blah blah. We are sorry, but we are unable to help you with your financing request at this time. A notification of the denial will be mailed to the address provided within 30 days.

Generally one receives these letters within two weeks, but now it's been 32 days & I don't think we're getting one. I'm not sure they even processed the application at all considering the number of seconds (litterally) that it took them to give us a definitive answer.

Of course this has shown up on the credit report as an inquiry. Should I just call them? Obviously I would like the letter that explains why & gives me the opportunity to obtain my credit report for free. Isn't there a law that says they must provide this?