Positive Closed Trade Lines - How long do they report?

Determined1

Thanks Angel. Today I saw my Equifax score drop 30 points, so I updated my report and I see they removed 2 positive paid TL's closed in 1999 - at the 7 year point. Any thoughts on how to best have these re-added?

You have to love these CRA's, we battle like hell on our negative items, but they wipe off the good stuff without a thought....

Today I saw my Equifax score drop 30 points, so I updated my report and I see they removed 2 positive paid TL's closed in 1999 - at the 7 year point. Any thoughts on how to best have these re-added?

Your chances are very VERY slim. You can try asking the OC to re-report, but the account is closed & paid; they won't gain anything by paying to report the account.

I have to say, this is maddenning. I was making some serious progress.

I just re-checked my Equifax where I had only 3 positive TL's, 2 of them 7 years old and another 4 years old - and they deleted all 3. :x

I was watching the movie Shawshank Redemption the other night, and lead charachter wrote to the state where their prison was located once per week for years until they granted him the money he requested to build a prison library.

I plan the Shwashank Redemption of credit repair, and if necessary, I'll send them a letter per week until they comply. I'll write to the OC's to re-report. Any suggestions on my best approach to the CRA's to re-list?

I looked up the FCRA on this site, but dont see where it states positive TL's must remain for 10 years. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the support.

That is seriously messed up. I have some TL's that will be nearly 10 years old (and positive) once they are rehab'ed. But as long as I'm paying, the activity keeps them on there, right?

How sad that we have to be concerned about things like this.

So can you or can you not get them those positive TLs back?

I just paid off a bank loan and it was mysteriously dropped off of 2 CRA's reports.

Do CRA's retaliate? I just had 2 CO's removed because they could not validate; :D but they deleted a two year TL. My score came up a whopping 7 points with those CO's removed. :shock: Believe me I will take the victory but I thought CO's would be worth at least 10 points each. I am still in the lower mid- 500's

Now, I have a stinking defaulted loan left (to be removed in Sept) and 1 CO that was paid and should be removed anytime and one more CO.....

Will I ever crack the 600s..........I need my TL back :evil:

Good luck trying to get a positive treadline re-inserted, it's almost never done. I say never because I currently paid off a loan and the whole treadline was deleted from all three reports.

I wrote letters to the heads of the bank and got a call from them saying they are working on it but as of today two months later its still not back...

Still waiting.......

Agreed. I've lost so many positive TLs for no apparent reason, and no amount of letters or phone calls have ever gotten them reinstated. Unlike negative TLs, once they're gone, they're gone.

Does the CRA have to verify or tell you why and on whose authority the TL was removed?

It looks to me as if somebody needs to be accountable, I ONLY took my loan out for credit reporting purposes. That was 2 years of blood, sweat and aggravation to be gone at the stroke of someone's fingers :evil:

Now CRA are not delegated by the FCRA for positive information since by reason it's positive and people don't complain about positive stuff. Now since the CRA is a company soley owned by them, they can set the date for how long information stays on their reports and to date it's ten years.

They made the longest negative their positive also, so you can try all you want but they are a company and since there are no rules for positive information you are at their mercy...

What do you think the reaction of the CRA's will be if I pre-print 4 months of weekly letters, enclosing my closed positive TL's inside the 10 year period of time, and mail one per week to the President of each CRA?

And if I get no response, I begin sending telegrams.....literally 1 per week.

This is just not right. I do believe it's a retaliation thing. I think if you can show them reports that it used to be there, and that the ten years isn't up, they should have to put it back. This is a big part of our lives they're messing with.

They'll say they didn't delete it, the OC did. They'll tell you to contact the OC. The OC will deny all knowledge of the deletion and say the CRA did it, so you have to contact them. And so it will continue, back and forth, "they did it!" "no, THEY did it!" until you lose your mind.

Been there. Done that. Lost my mind. Gave up.

LNY, I've already lost my mind over credit repair, there isnt a thing they can do.

But I swear, if my credit isnt 100% accurate by the end of this year, I will send Telegrams to the CEO of each bureau for each inaccuracy, and cc an exact copy to the editor of USA Today and NY Times once per week beginning January 1, 2007. They'll come around, I'm not giving them a choice.