What should I do next??

IHateThem

A unpaid collection showed up for myself and my husband. Mine on Experian, his on Equifax. I sent 2 DV for each of us, no response. I disputed with the bureaus, Experian removed, Equifax verified. I sent another letter to the CA and Equifax. Today I received a letter from the CA - JJ Mac Intyre - They said -

they are not required to respond to untimely requests for validation - I was never notified, this collection was reported in March 2006, I mailed my first letter on March 23.

They said this account was assigned on November 4, 2004 and a validation notice was mailed on November 9. Never got it. They called on November 29 at 3:59pm and spoke with me. All I remember saying was I'd have to check with the insurance company, I never heard from them again, until now.

Their letter is pretty unfriendly, I think I woke the sleeping giant.

The SOL on medical accoutn is 4 years, right?

Should I try and contact the OC and have this account removed from the CA?

Should I respond to the letter, stating I didn't receive their letter dated 11-9-04. They did not validated this, although they did list the OC and the principal amount and the interest.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

It's up to them to prove that they sent you notice and you received it. Respond with a DV that states that this is the FIRST written notification you have ever gotten from them. Tell them to validate, and that if they refuse you will have to consider legal action. I'm pretty much assuming that they are lying. It's an easy out for them. Don't let them have it easy.