I sent a DV within 30 days, no response..now what?

shaneIrish

They can still file suit, but you can sue them for the violation, hopefully your damages will offset the ones they are going for. If they have not provided validation, they can't report (violation) and yes, if the SOL passes, they cannot touch you.

They can still file suit, but you can sue them for the violation, hopefully your damages will offset the ones they are going for. If they have not provided validation, they can't report (violation) and yes, if the SOL passes, they cannot touch you.

This is so damn confusing. I have read other posts stating NOT to DV because you will get sued. Based on what you said, that would be a violation. It is impossible to sort out those that KNOW from those that are guessing and I am really afraid I am going to get myself in trouble following the wrong advice. I think I need a lawyer.

It just depends on the creditor. If I owed a huge amount, as in thousands of dollars, and the debt was still in SOL and I could be sued, I wouldn't DV. But if it's a debt for $52 and within SOL, you bet I'll DV like crazy. I also consider the CA's location ans size and whether or not I think they'd consider it worth their time to come all the way to my state to sue me. There is a lot to consider. One example of who NOT to DV is in the Debt Settlement forum - Citibank. They will sue your a$$ every time and win. But everyone also knows that DV'ing NCO is almost a guaranteed delete. You have to do your research on the CA's you're dealing with. Hope that helps. :)