Debt settlement company didn't settle all my debts

betsy50

Hello I am new to this site. I was with a debt settlement company for the past year and they settled two of my debts. I am now left with two more that I will need to settle. My question, after viewing my CR these two accounts have been charged off. Do I start with debt validation with the OC as they still have possession of my accounts. Or should i dispute the debts with the CRA first?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks

Thanks divemedic for your reply.

If i don't DV the OC who now stills hold both of these accounts, how do i attempt to settle with the OC? I do want to attempt to settle both of these accounts before they try and sue me for the balance. Of all the letters listed on this site I am not finding one that fit my specific situation.

I plan to DV the CRA but they could possible not respond due to the length of non-payment (1 yr) on these accounts.

Can you provide me with the specifc letter on this site that I should use to DV the CRA. It seems most of these letters are specific to having contact with the CA after the OC charged off the accounts. I was not allowed any contact with any of the OC when I was enrolled with the debt settlement company.

Any help you could suggest will be appreciated.

Guest sifxpert
Hello I am new to this site. I was with a debt settlement company for the past year and they settled two of my debts. I am now left with two more that I will need to settle. My question, after viewing my CR these two accounts have been charged off. Do I start with debt validation with the OC as they still have possession of my accounts. Or should i dispute the debts with the CRA first?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks

What was the name of the Co who ripped you off? Before you do anything with the accounts I would like to know who did not provide the service you already paid for....you shouldn't have to do anything. I may know who they are so I may be of assistance. I can't stand hearing this kind of stuff.

Sifxpert,

I signed up with Provanta in California. When I signed the agreement with them I had 15k in credit card debt spread over 4 different credit cards. They gave me a proposal that i would need to invest approximately 9k to a savings account over the course of 30 months. In return they would settle with my four creditors. They used a 35% settlement rate to arrive at the 9K in funds. They did settle two of my accounts. One at 35%. The other creditor MBNA hired Wolpoff & Abramson to collect by debt of 5595.00. They took the account through abritration and won the judgment. In the end, they would only settle at 86%. Which to me I paid in full my credit card debt. But after the lawsuit added fees made the balance 7500. In my view, I had paid Provanta the 9K as was listed in my agreement. They only settled two accounts. And then wanted more funds to settle my Household and Citi accounts. Maybe i was a little niave to hire them and now after reading on this site probably could of done this myself. Both of my remaining accounts are still with the OC. And listed on my credit report as charged off as of March of 2006. I will settle both of these accounts but first need to get the funds together. And I really have learned from you and others on this site. And I appreciate all your assistance.

Guest sifxpert

I have to say I am completely understanding however, Provanta is actually a very very good company and a leader, a true leader in this industry.

Provanta has spent millions in legal representation for clients, they have organized and fully funded conferences for legal strategies and the list goes on.

Unfortunately, MBNA and Wolpoff have us by the throat. I am certain that Provanta did everything possible to aid in getting the Petition to Confirm dismissed but if you read anything on this forum that I have posted in re: to Arbitration you will see just how difficult it really is to work against this giant thorn in my side.

Mike Heath who is legal counsel for Provanta is an amazing person and will take time out of his day to explain his process in defending clients against the NAF. I know of no attorney more generous of his time than Mr. Heath.

I can tell you this, you may have paid fees to Provanta and ended up in a big mess but I know for certain that with them or without them you would be in the same boat but you definitely had the right people go to bat for you.

With the remaining accounts, you can contact me and via-pm and let me know the accounts and balances and I will help if I can to settle these out for as low as possible at no cost to you or I can talk to someone at Provanta for you in order to work something out for you.

SIF.

• 2 weeks later...

Sif,

I did leave a pm for you last week. I am fully prepared to settle with Citi but am somewhat careful as I do not know what transpired with the debt settlement company. I do not want either Household or Citi to sue me as MBNA did. What suggestions do you have to help me settle this Citi account who appears to be with OC at this time. Can you provide me any phone numbers or contacts that you may have? Any suggestions on asking for a settlement with Citi. Have read alot about Citi and your comments. Would really appreciate your assistance.