Where in the FCRA does it state about the US Patriot Act of

lindsay135

I was looking about a month ago in the book about reasons for inquiries, and it stated somewhere in there about the USA Patriot Act of 2001 and one more reason to pull credit is for counterintelligence and counterterrorism. Now I know I read it and did not dream it but for the life of me I can NOT find where I read it and have been over the FCRA 3 or 4 times. Does anyone know where they have read that before?

Thanks Lindsay

Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) 604 permissible purposes of consumer reports section 4 (A)(i)the consumer report is relevant to a national security investigation of such agency or department

There is a lot more in that section that you should look over plus Notification of consumer upon conclusion of investigation.

Thank you for the info. For some reason I just remember reading it word for word about the US Patriot Act of 2001 somewhere. Because when I read it I was like OHHHH theres another good reason for them to not be able to pull the report, and if I put that in there then maybe they would think I actually got a little bit of knowledge before taking them on.