Their baaaaack........

Jerky

Back in Feb I got a 2 year old judgment vacated from Cohen & Slamowitz, but it was dismissed on a technicality, so it left me open to be sued again. Well after all these months I though they gave up.

On July 3 I received a letter stating their client has authorized them to commence a suit against me- it was dated June 21 and postmarked June 27.

I sent a DV on July 6 and it was received on the 10th.

Today, July 10, there was a summons on my door dated June 13 giving me 30 days to respond- which would be 2 days!

I know their F'in with me here- Question is what do I have legally?

Should I call the court and get an extension or hurry up and file my defense or just say I didn't get it?

I still think it's funny that they (the CA's attorney)sent me a letter stating "they intend on suing me if I don't contact them", dated June 21, and then I receive a summons dated- by the CA's attorney dated June 13.

This was the first contact I've had from them since I had the judgment vacated and a new CA actually is listed, but with the same attorneys.