On the road to recovery, repo and charge off advice needed.

astrodude

Hello everyone,

First of all you guys ROCK!!! Thanks for all the advice. I've been lurking a couple of months now and have started my Jouney.

Anyway the CRA's dispute is underway per the Divemedic sticky. Experian has already completed it's investagation after less then 2 weeks. I have gathered all my info as I am building a case and realized my repo may not be a repo. Come on who would repo (Besides BB&T) for a 30 day late? This is after a perfect no late 4 year loan with them for the previous car I had.

according to the information provided by the CRA's my account went 30 days past due in June which I paid up on July 22nd. (I found the recipt!) On July 28th they take my car :cry: however i paid off in full on the 29th and it would not be pass due until Aug 5th.

I corrected the default 30 day late so whats up with the repo right?

The TL's are showing now a reclaimed repo and a 60 day late in Aug 05. I check via true credit everyday now. After what I just stated I know it is not accurate.

So I guess I need some direction here, my thoughts are to call the CRA's back and ask what was verified. Did they show the receipt I paid on the 22nd bringing my account out of default? Did they show the complete payoff receipt on the 28th? How can I be 60 days past due in August when I paid off the load in July? Do you want copies? :D

Please let me know what you think, Your advice, comments and concerns would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Astrodude

06-06 07-06

TU 544 574

EQ 545 553

EX 547 552

Save the receipts for court. Don't send them. Make them prove what they are putting on your CR. The value of the receipts at the moment is you know what they must prove. The repo was most likely some internal screw up and once they realize that, they will most likely give you what you want as they know you can nail them. You have 2 possible courses of action. 1. the "nice" guy route, wait for the CRA investigations to complete, use FACTA with the OC to get their records and if still no resolution sue 2. send and ITS letter now, demand $1,000 damages and look for settlement including accurate info on CR or deletion. If you choose 2, be prepared to care through with suit. If they charged you a repo fee, insist it's refunded - they screwed up.

Come on who would repo (Besides BB&T) for a 30 day late? This is after a perfect no late 4 year loan with them for the previous car I had.

Not a "repo", but Chase Mortgage did try to foreclose on my house after 1 30 day late! It was their fault -- they refused my Western Union payment, and I didn't get the letter till the next month.

Sorry, that really didn't answer your question at all, but it still makes me :x

Thanks for the quick replies.

tufftub I can relate to what you went through.

CtrlAltDelete, Thanks for the info, I am thinking about the nice guy route at the moment. Although the sue route maybe the way to get it resolved.

So I guess I'm done dealing with the CRA's then and going right for the OC.

Thanks agian guys looks like it's DV time. I'll keep you all posted.

Astrodude