Need advice settling judgement asap.

I am being sued by Zwicker and need a little advice with settling the judgement with them so I don't screw up big time.

They won with a summary judgement in june. I received signed letter from judge proving this. Their suit was handled through an attorney in Texas. Today a CA from their (I think) New Jersey office offering to settle the account for about half. I think it sounds like a pretty good deal considering. They mentioned several times that I should take this offer before there is a Judgement signed. They obviously don't know about what is going on here in Texas.

My delimma...I want this to go away. I think I can pull of paying them, but I don't want them to come back after the realize that they won the judgement for more money. If I do settle with them what should I specify if possible to make sure that this doesn't happen? Should I let them know that a Judgement was passed.

Or should I just call the Texas attorney and deal with him? I tried to call him once before and was directed to the guys in NJ.

I just wanted to reply to my own post and possibly answer my own question. After talking to the crooks in NJ, I've decided not to take up their offer. Just a little FYI.

I let them know that their terms seemed do-able and wanted to see their offer in writing, they refused. They will not send through mail, fax or email their offer and terms in writing until I give them my bank account information and permission to withdraw the money. Like many, I'm not made of money and can't risk the gamble.

Thanks for the information found on this site, without it I may have known about many of the horror stories that can happen when you give out personal information.

I don't think they'd have to look to hard. If they do have the records from the OC (Amex) they would have information to find our bank account. I've had it almost forever. I did open an account in another bank, in another name, to take of bills etc. Just in case. It just bothered me that they didn't want to give up anything in writing before we gave them any of our account info. THey acted like there was a big rush to get this through. They won the judgement, so what's the big hurry? It just didn't feel right. It's probably good I didn't have the amount they wanted just laying around or I may not have thought it out.

It pays to read the other posts on this board.

Before they seize or freeze accounts, usually you will need to go thru an asset review with the court. That will probably come next since they have a judgment. Tell them that day where your accounts are. Don't lie. Go immediately and withdraw or move funds from these accounts.