Contact Old Creditor Who Has Charged Off/sold Debt Near SOL?

RSB

I have a question about my last payment on two credit cards. I think think I paid last, in August 2003. But, the CRs state, I was 30 days late, as of Nov 2003. That's a two month difference.

If I call the original creditor, who has sold the old debt, will they give me the date of my last payment? Is it safe to contact them, or might something happen, like starting the SOL over, again?

Simply asking for information won't reset the SOL clock or cause any harm.

Whether they'll answer your questions (or even be able to answer) is impossible to say...they may or may not have the information handy and they may or may not feel like providing you with info even if they have it.

However, it won't hurt to ask.

Save yourself the heartache. I have called three times and written twice. Providian will NOT give you that information. They claim they no longer have any infomation on sold accounts. I KNOW that to be a lie because if they had NO record of the account, then the CA could not validate. They are just unwilling to cooperate.

Guest mikey

i will have to agree...providian was one of mine and when i called them, they had NO info....and the JDB certainly has nothing more than a few records such as my name and amounts....if i ask for proof, i bet they will have nothing to validate it with.....this is common.