dadov3

Need DV the OC game plan assistance

I have disputed with the CRA's and still have 6-10 baddies on my CRs I have no collections. These accounts are being listed as IIB or charge offs. I have disputed several times with the CRAs on these TLs and they come back verified. :| Now I am preparing to DV the OC, from what I am reading the FDCPA does not apply to the OC, :( so how do I structure the letter to the OC to get a response? Does the OC have to respond? My goal is to eliminate all the accounts listed as IIB from my CRs. I need some help in setting up my game plan!! reading is just confusing me more, it seems alot of the post are referencing the CA's of which I have none listed, just OCs. All input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

OC's are not required to validate, so please do not try to validate an OC and per the new FCRA amendments you need to begin the process of disputing OC's with a CRA dispute. Once the CRA completes it's investigation, and the results are verified then you have cause to go after the OC's as the furnisher of the information. Then you can start the battle of asking the OC' for "Evidentary Documentation" or proof of you ever having an account with them. basically proof it or remove it.

This is what I am confused about. In reading how to begin credit repair sticky, it said dispute with CRA, then DV all others and work from that.

Then I read not to DV the OC everywhere else I read.

So just to clarify, when we are going by divemedic's sticky we only DV the CA's? Not the OC's?

Thanks

Michele

This is what I am confused about. In reading how to begin credit repair sticky, it said dispute with CRA, then DV all others and work from that.

So just to clarify, when we are going by divemedic's sticky we only DV the CA's? Not the OC's?

Thanks

Michele

If you had read about 10 posts down in divemedic's sticky, you would have seen this:

OC's don't have to respond to a DV, but they ARE required by the FCRA to report accurate and complete information to your CR. Also, Florida's version of the FDCPA applies to OC's as well. Check your own state laws.

Thanks

Michele

If you had read about 10 posts down in divemedic's sticky, you would have seen this:

OC's don't have to respond to a DV, but they ARE required by the FCRA to report accurate and complete information to your CR. Also, Florida's version of the FDCPA applies to OC's as well. Check your own state laws.

Thanks. I did read that entire thread about 3 times. I think I need to take a break from all this reading for a day or two. I think too much info at once is confusing me. Sorry if it appeared I hadnt read it prior.

Ok so now all three CRAs have "verified" accounts as mine, I am now sending out dispute letters to the OCs. Should I also at this time request MOV from the CRA? or is this step not neccessary when dealing with the OCs?

Thanks for all the help here, this site it awesome!

You can do it at the same time. That way if the OC says they no longer have the info on your account, you can send an ITS to the CRA's for verifying a tradeline that should not have been verified. This more often than not gets you a deletion since you have written proof. This only usually only works for older debts that the OC no longer has records for.

Some others might do it differently, but I have gotten a few deletions this way.