Guys, be real careful with this company, you may not be getting what you think you are. Read, Read, Read your email and customer agreement.

Thanks

Plaudit

Congratulations!

Ms. XXXXXXXXX

You have been approved for a Crown Jewelers account.

Your account information is listed below.

Account Number : XXXXXXX

Password : XXXXXXXX

Credit Limit up to : $1,500.00

(At Original Down Payment)*

Please store this information in a secure place and read Charge Agreement before activating the account.

NO CREDIT CHECK accounts initially require a small down payment, however if you establish a good payment history with Crown Jewelers you can have a zero down account in as little as six months.

ZERO DOWN GUARANTEE: Getting a zero down account with Crown Jewelers is Easy and Simple.

1. Make all your Crown Jewelers monthly account payments on time.

2. Keep your contact information current and complete as required.

3. Establish a six month payment history with Crown Jewelers.

Its that simple & Guaranteed!

*CREDIT LIMIT: Your credit limit will be determined by the total amount of purchases on your account in the last 12 months or $500 which ever is more.

You can also accelerate your credit limit increases by making higher monthly payments.

Total Payments Credit limit Down Payment

$150 $500 Zero Down*

$300 $1000 Zero Down*

$450 $1500 Zero Down*

*Provided all payments are on time and contact information on account is complete and as required.

You can request a temporary increase in credit limit with down payment, by email, to make purchases.

CREDIT REPORTING : Active Accounts are reported to all three Major Credit Bureaus once a month. Crown Jewelers DOES NOT report accounts that have not been activated with a purchase or are inactive for six months or more. It can take up to 90 days from the date of your first purchase before you see your account on your credit report. Since the credit limit is contingent upon down payment. We report the highest credit limit used or $500 which ever is higher.

CARD : If you have activated your account with a purchase, expect your card in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks from the date of your first purchase. Please note that we DO NOT mail cards to inactive accounts. You do not need the card to make purchases online.

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE : If for any reason you are not satisfied with our merchandise when you receive it, you may return the merchandise to us within 30 days from the date of purchase. Please contact Crown Jewelers immediately and request a return authorization. Upon receiving the merchandise back we will gladly issue a refund or credit your account for the returned merchandise less shipping and handling charges.

LOCATIONS : We have two locations in Dallas Fort Worth Area. Irving Mall & Six Flags Mall. To use the account at the stores you must take your permanent driver's license and social security card with you to activate the account. If you do not live in Dallas Fort Worth Area, you are welcome to shop online with us. We are not affiliated with any other Crown Jewelers.

ONLINE PURCHASES : To use the account online, You must login to make purchases on your account. When you check out you will pay only your down payment and shipping and handling charges, using your major credit card, Paypal Account or you may send your down payment by mail. The remaining balance will be billed to your Crown Jewelers account.

I don't think they are trying to be sneaky in any way, are they? The charge agreement is available to read before someone even applies, and it doesn't change once someone is approved. Hopefully, everyone on this board have learned lessons from the past and will always read everything before terms are accepted.

There have been other threads about how CJ works, and how consumers need to use the account to get the benefits we need, and I haven't read anything yet that shows we should be more cautious than ususal...

Thanks for the heads-up, Plaudit...but is there something specific? Have you had a bad experience with them you'd like to share?

I do plan to be careful...with ALL companies re: my use of credit. I agree with jc72 that there does not appear to be anything subversive written in the agreement.

Perhaps someone who has been with them for a while can chime in...

I too finally opened an account. I paid too much for a ring for my daughter's birthday, but I'm willing to do it to open positive tradelines.

I'm planning on paying it off in two payments, then buying something else six months from then to keep the TL active. I'll have to double-check my CR once it starts reporting to see if the limit stated on the CR is actually the $1500 I was approved for, or if it's a smaller amount.

There's nothing in that agreement that members on this board haven't already been forewarned about. (One can do a search to find those discussions.) I've been w/ CJ for almost a year and no surprises yet. Yes, you do have to make a deposit on any purchase you make and you must make a purchase b4 they even report. As already established in this very thread (& many others), there's no credit check but you must have a source of income and a home phone. As JC said, members should've learned by now to read everything b4 they agree. They should even do their research (via Google, CIC's search feature, or any other Internet source). Needless to say, thanks for the "warning", plaudit; we always appreciate it.

Michelle,

I know what you mean about paying too much for something, but with not so great credit I have basically had to "pay" for my credit so far. I can say I have LEARNED the hard way from my mistakes. !!!:D

CJ is worth opening a tradeline when your score's as bad as mine.

I also don't see anything wrong with their terms; giving people jewelry without requiring a down payment would be very stupid.

After my BK, I had to finance a car at 26% interest. The cheap jewelry is nothing compared to that.

Well, I waited and received no discount :(. I emailed them just out of curiosity and they promptly responded with, "Ray, we have no outstanding discounts being offered at this time..." Oh well.

I placed an order about three days ago and the item should be here soon.

It was asked earlier in the thread by another poster, but received no response, so I'll ask it again...What's the estimated time before it will begin to show on our credit reports? Just curious...Angel?

Ray

Thanks...

Yeah, I'm prepared for the score hit and expect it as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens, though. My focus is definitely on its impact 6 mos to a year from now.

Peace,

Ray

Well, I waited and received no discount :(. I emailed them just out of curiosity and they promptly responded with, "Ray, we have no outstanding discounts being offered at this time..." Oh well.

I placed an order about three days ago and the item should be here soon.

Ray

So, my item is due to arrive today and what appears in my email inbox this morning? A $25 discount toward my down payment! WTF!! Bummer, man...:roll:

Ray

After reading your post JC, I checked my EX report and there it is! Its reading a $0 balance, but a H/C of $500. My purchase certainly wasn't that high...oh well.

I can't speak for anyone else, but EX is ALWAYS the first to update everything for me. New accounts, deletions, payments...everything! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Ray

Ray,

Mine says the same thing... $500. I wonder why that is. Maybe they round up to the nearest $500....We spent a little money when we got the cards. I got some earings, and we got our daughter a necklace for her first day of middle school.

~L

On the report from EQ it also lists the H/C as $500. This does not show on TC though. I'm not too concerned about it. Would like to know the reasoning. It must be a rounding thing as Lindsay suggested.

Ray....

Have you rec'd the card yet?

I totally forgot about it, then we got a voice message yesterday from CJ, about "returned mail"....DH hasn't called them back yet.

BTW, are they reporting on all 3 for you? We are still waiting for it to report to TU...

Nope. Haven't received the card yet. TU isn't reporting yet for me either. That's no surprise at this point, though. They are always the last to do everything for me. Monthly updates, new accounts, disputes, you name it.

I'll be looking out for the card. Oh yeah, we have a Crown Jewelers here in my town. The website makes no mention of it.