Crown Jewelers

Crown Jewelers is an expansive wonderland of fine jewelry, gifts and accessories for your home in the center of downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia. The historic district's largest variety of classic jewelry, fine china and crystal in elegant lines such as Waterford makes Crown a favorite for bridal registry. Authorized Rolex dealer. Appraisal services and jeweler on premises.

After making the purchase online, I may never even go in there...

I have no landline as well. Haven't had one for 6 years. I put my cell # as home phone and I was approved. This was about 7 months ago, so I don't remember the exact application. If another phone # was required on it, I probably put my husband's cell # in that slot.

OK, so I decided to give it a try even though I only have a cell phone. I put my cell as my home number, and was going to leave the cell field blank, but it REQUIRED me to fill in the cell field. I thought that was weird, but I didn't have any other numbers to use, so I just put my cell# in that field too, and I got approved. I have been poking around the website... where the heck do I find info on the down payment???

edited to add: nevermind... I found out the down payment info is given while shopping!:-D

Just my luck!LOL! I tried to shop and they're having server problems! I hope that is not a bad omen!

So, is there anything I should know about this card that might not be so explicit in the documentation? It looks like basically I can buy whatever I want as long as I can pay the down payment and make the monthly payments, up to my credit limit of $1500.

wooooohoooo! This means I will now have THREE CURRENT positive TLs!!!:-)

Yeah, that happens. No big deal. Congrats on the approval, Lisa. I noticed nothing suspect about the terms when I read them. Make your payments at the end of the month, every month and you should be good to go. The minimum is $25.00 regardless of statement balance...I believe.

My only problem is that they are taking FOREVER to show on my TU report. I plan to call tomorrow.

It doesn't seem like they have traditional credit customer service. I dialed the number I gave you and asked when my I could expect Crown to show up on reports. The woman who answered said she could help me, but although I gave her my acct number, she seemed to be speaking generally (I used to do credit card customer service/authorizations). Anyway, she said beginning of next month. I made my first purchase about 9/30. Oh well...

Actually, I was patient. However, I'm buying a house in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina, so I don't know how much more patience I can muster up to get some good scores going. I just wanted to know definitively how long it would take. This is the kind of information I was surfing for:

I applied to CJ on 9/21, received credit decision on 9/22, ordered on 9/28, received order on 10/3. I was pushing to order something before the month's end to see how it would go. I checked EXP just a minute (on 10/5) ago on myfico and:

CROWN JEWELERS (Individual)

Credit Grantor Contact Information

Not on record

Account Number XXXXXXX

Account Type Revolving

Credit Limit

(High Credit) $1,500

$500

Minimum Monthly Payment (Terms)

Date Opened September, 2006

Date of Status October, 2006

Last Payment Date Not on Record

Loan Type Revolving Charge Account

Collateral

Description

Last Report on October, 2006

Balance Current status

Past Due Amount $0

This is an account in good standing

Recent Payment History

2006 Oct

Seven Year Payment History

30 days late: 0 60 days late: 0 90+ days late: 0

Yeah, that happens. No big deal. Congrats on the approval, Lisa. I noticed nothing suspect about the terms when I read them. Make your payments at the end of the month, every month and you should be good to go. The minimum is $25.00 regardless of statement balance...I believe.

My only problem is that they are taking FOREVER to show on my TU report. I plan to call tomorrow.

Did you find anything out Ray?

Still waiting for TU to report for DH too.

A statement came in the mail yesterday too. I didn't get one last month.

Another form...Credit cards, checks, cashiers check or money order. No cash of course. If you do decide to send cash, PM me so I can give you their alternate address (that happens to look a lot like mine). :lol: