Laura Jean

My medical bills are showing up on my husbands credit report!

I was in the hospital giving birth to my son who was covered, or supposed to be covered by Husky state program in CT. I spoke with a husky person who said they would retro my coverage to before my first ultra sound test. They never did and gave me the run around. Next thing I knew, like 12 bills were sent to a CA and were showing up on my husbands credit report!

We contacted the CA and told them to remove them from my husbands report, since they were not his bills and they said the only way they would move them is if we paid them.

Is this legal? Can my bills be put on my husbands credit report? He never signed anything. Can they put this on both of our credit reports? How do we go about getting them removed? Do I contact Husky? The hospital? I have no idea how to fix this or if it can be fixed.

Your help will be most appreciated

Thanks.

Who was listed as the responsible party on your paperwork at hospital? If it was your husband, then it would be on his reports. It doesn't matter if you are the patient.

Call Husky ASAP. Speak with a supervisor. Get names of who you talk to. Explain it to them again. You were supposed to have coverage. Have them back date it.

The responsible party is me not him. I was the one who signed the papers, however, Husky is who should have paid them. How do I find out if they ever even sent me the bill directly? I am not sure if they did. I will make that call and see if I can find the paperwork I did when I talked to them back then.

Thanks

I am a SAHM too, and thats why I was asking if hubby is listed as responsible one. usually medical billing paperwork says "who is responsible for this visit" and I always put hubby. Did you have any insurance at the time?

If Husky can't find any paperwork, just ask to reapply. State programs are usually pretty good when it comes to pregnancies...

Good luck...

I just spent all after noon getting the run around. I called Husky and they told me to call my dpt of social services who finally told me that my coverage was retro'd to cover the dates in quettion. So I had to call Healthnet to see why they did not pay. They said they did not know it was retro'd and that they did not get any bills prior to August. I then called the creditor and he said that it was out of his hands and that a CA has it and that I can forget the insurance company ever paying because it is past the filing limits of one year. What a mess. Mean while the CA said they did not report it to the big 3. So what are all thoes bills? I have more work to do. Is this really worth it??:confused:

I just spent all after noon getting the run around. I called Husky and they told me to call my dpt of social services who finally told me that my coverage was retro'd to cover the dates in quettion. So I had to call Healthnet to see why they did not pay. They said they did not know it was retro'd and that they did not get any bills prior to August. I then called the creditor and he said that it was out of his hands and that a CA has it and that I can forget the insurance company ever paying because it is past the filing limits of one year. What a mess. Mean while the CA said they did not report it to the big 3. So what are all thoes bills? I have more work to do. Is this really worth it??:confused:

I am waiting to hear back from healthnet to see if they are going to. It seems like they will, but the creditor and CA doubt it. But, how can they pay or be said that they wont pay if my creditor never sent them the bill? So I am going to request the bill so I can send it to healthnet once I know where they stand. Cross your fingers!

It's not up to the CA or creditor to make the decision on backdating it.

Does Husky have any notes in their system about when you called in the first place? If Healthnet/Husky come back saying they can't help because it's been too long, it might help if someone has something in thier system saying you requested it, and they screwed up...always write down who you spoke with, date and time....

As soon as you get approved, have Healthnet send you a copy of your coverage dates and have them send it to OC. Let us know, then we can help you get it taken care of with CA. Which I don't think will be a problem.