Hey, just got an DEBT REDUCTION offer

Guest mikey

Guest mikey

From the folks at Resurgent Capital, an offer to give me a PRE-APPROVED visa with a limit of $5,000 and reduce my debt $1,400.....lol

the problem is, and I hope they read this cause I am sure they lurk here....is the debt is over 14 years old. It was a written un-secured loan for an amount I can not remember, but close to 2,000 and I fell on hard times with owing the IRS and couldnt afford to pay it. They never tried going after me or even send me anything on it. Now all of a sudden, I get this. I am sending them a C&D letter and asking nicely to not re-age this debt which is no longer on my CR and not to attempt any contact whatsoever or I would be forced to file suit in violations and then I would take them up on that FREE VISA with a unsecured credit limit in the amount times $1,000 for each violation. This is clearly a Junk Debt Collector on crack thinking I would be thinking of paying on a debt that old.:roll:

can you say EXPIRED STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS in almost every state in this union?

Yeah, they really got brass cahonies, don't they? LOL!!

Just send them the basic letter stating SOL has expired on this debt and should they choose to pursue the matter in court, you will use the SOL as your absolute defense. Morons, lol.

Make sure you have some papers though to prove this debt is past SOL-just in case. You never know, it may end up on your CR in which case it'd be nice to have proof that it's OLDER than 7 yrs.

Elyse

Guest mikey
Yeah, they really got brass cahonies, don't they? LOL!!

Just send them the basic letter stating SOL has expired on this debt and should they choose to pursue the matter in court, you will use the SOL as your absolute defense. Morons, lol.

Make sure you have some papers though to prove this debt is past SOL-just in case. You never know, it may end up on your CR in which case it'd be nice to have proof that it's OLDER than 7 yrs.

Elyse

Thats the only problem. This thing is sooooooo old that I dont have a thing on it. I do have my current CR and that is about it. But if they try and go after me, they will have to produce written contract and signed documents that will show my proof of aged debt. I am hoping they get crazy enough and threaten me with a suit or file one. I need the extra Christmas money....lol