Tape Recording Plaintiff's Agent (Attorney) aka CA in Ohio?

Any attorney's or legal minds out there? I need to know whether a tape recording is admissiable in a court of law when recording a Plaintiff's agent basically a CA? I live in a 1 party state of OH and have reviewed the comment below from Recovering and Feel Violated, but I'm unclear on the Federal guidelines and have read... need to know if someone has used a tape recording a court of law in a 1 party state. If I use a cordless phone in my home and record is the tape admissable in court of law? Per Feel Violated below, "... if you record for memory aid transcript purposes, who will be any wiser. And your written transcript of the call may be admissable in court." Is this TRUE??

Taping phone conversations with those nasties at the CA and CRA is a valuable tool. There are dozens of cheap, inexpensive way to do it now, too.

But before you tape, know your law! State and federal eavesdropping statutes may affect whether you can tape or not. Sometimes an illegal tape is merely inadmissible. Sometimes, it's a crime. Sometimes still, it's actionable as a tort ( Michigan's law, for example).

State law will control. And if your significant other is in another state, check both state's laws, to be sure. States are dvidied into 1 party and 2 party states. In a two party state, both participants in the conversation must know it is being recorded. So you would have to tell the other person you are taping. In a one party state, you can tape your own conversations with another without disclosing the recording.

Here is a helpful page to decide what the law is in your state:

http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.tel.tape.law.html#anchor373433

This thread is still missing a few consideration--in a two party state recording may be illegal.

But if you record for memory aid transcript purposes, who will be any wiser. And your written transcript of the call may be admissable in court. And if the CA disputes in Federal court, committing perjury in the process, playing the tape in open court may put you in some doo doo but the CA will be in much deeper doo doo.

The other consideration becomes if the CA warns you that they may tape record the conversation you can basically tape record also.

I've also read the following thread recording tape recording laws but i'm unclear with all of the information?

I would look at it this way: If both you and the other person are in 1-party states, you are okay. If you are in a 1 party state and the other person is in a two party state, the tape might be inadmissible. But again, you could use it to refresh your memory of a conversation. It may be disclosed in discovery as a way to flush out the other side.

I would look at it this way: If both you and the other person are in 1-party states, you are okay. If you are in a 1 party state and the other person is in a two party state, the tape might be inadmissible. But again, you could use it to refresh your memory of a conversation. It may be disclosed in discovery as a way to flush out the other side.

Ok. yes we are both in Ohio 1- party state. Specifically how may it be used to disclosed in discovery? Can I user at Pre-trial while in court rm. to refresh my memory or simply type up a transscript of the conversation and have it notarized and submit during Pre-trial to the judge and opposing party?