whats next

wesleep

hey i sent exxon a debt settlement letter asking to settle for less and to remove all negative trade marks from my credit report and to ask it to say pays as agreed. The account is listed as closed over 120 days past due. They sent me a letter in response saying the will agree to mark the account as paid saying settle for less than full amount. It said nothing about removing all negative trade marks and reporting as pays as agreed. Should i send another settlement letter higlighting removing all negative trade remarks. Will it hurt me if i pay the reduced amount and they still report paid for less than full amount.

i owe $170.00 and i offer to settle for $120.00. They said they would accept my settlement but only mark the account as paid in full for less than the amount. They said nothing about updating my credit report to show always paid as agreed and removing my lates.

Guest sifxpert

call the number on the letter and ask to speak to a supervisor. Ask them how you can get a PFD or paid in full. Have them fax the terms in writing then pay.