Is OSI Collection Services misreporting????

lilchasey

Hello, I have a question about OSI Collection Services. I have 3 accounts that were from an emergency room visit. The date of 1st deliquency is 08/2001 on all 3 accounts. 2 of the accounts are for $6.00 apiece, and the other one is for $34.00. Needless to say, I never received bills for any of these accounts. Obviously I would have paid them before they went to collections.......$46.00 total......hello! Anyway, I became aware of these accounts in 2004 when they reported to my EQ report. I paid them, and they have always reflected as P-Paid on every report I've pulled since then. Today, I was initially denied a loan from my credit union. The loan officer mentioned those 3 accounts and said they reflected on the report she pulled as Unpaid. We discussed this problem and after I explained the situation (and the other major situation I recently resolved) there was no problem and I was approved. Is OSI reporting incorrectly? Why would it say Paid on the reports I pull, but Unpaid on the one she pulled? We both pulled EQ, and it's not reported to EX and TU. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

What were you trying to get a loan for?

I am wondering because I ran into a similar situation a few years when I bought my current home...I pulled my CRs myself from each bureau and they were clean yet the mortgage comapny I applied through "pulled my reports" and had total crap information...stuff that belonged to my Father (who was deceased at the time) and even stuff which later turned out to be people with silimar names but that I wasn't even related to.

I finally found out the the mortgage company used a "service" that was supposedly more accurate than a simple report form one of the three bureaus...I eventually went to a different lender alltogether.

Robert, the loan was a personal line of credit for $750.00 through my credit union. I initially requested it to assist paying off another larger CA. (I needed the CA account closed ASAP for a job I need to get). After I was denied, I made other arrangements w/ the CA, resulting in the documentation I needed for the bank. Obviously, it was the large unpaid CA that really denied my application, but I really wonder why those 3 small accounts reflect differently on my personal report than the one the bank pulled. They were both from EQ.........anyway.......after I took care of the CA, I decided to go back to my credit union and see if that changed anything. Lo and behold, IT DID! They gave me the $750.00 loan (which I don't need now!) after I showed them the letter from the large CA, and several personal copies of my CR showing the 3 small accounts as Paid since 09/2004. Anyway, I just wondered if this was a common problem people encounter. I would hate to think that everytime I make progress on my CR, financing companies may not see that progress..........is this a cause for major concern? Is OSI doing something wrong, or is it a weird uncommon mistake?