I have received a summons

I had asked a question earlier about using pre-paid legal services. I am currently using Debt Shield to help me get out of debt since August 2005. They have been helping me try to settle with Target for $11,159. I have dealt with a CA and used a cease and desist letter. It is now in the hands of an attorney in Georgia, where I live. I received a summons, delivered to the home of my parents with whom I live by the sheriff's office. Because Debt Shield cannot give legal advice, I'm sort of on my own and therefore looked into pre-paid legal.

I did send the attorney a dispute validation letter and their response was to send me bills going back to when the account was opened, but no copy of the contract. The only advice DS could give me was to say in my response that I was acknowledging the summons and not to say I owed the debt.

The summons says:

You are hereby summoned and required to file with the Clerk of said Court and serve upon Plaintiff's Attorney, whose name and address is:

Attorney's name and address

answer to the complaint which is herewith served upon you, within 30 days after service of this summons upon you, exclusive of the day of service. If you fail to do so, judgement by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the complaint.

The only exhibit is a bill verifying the amount of the debt.

I do not know how to respond and have less than 20 days. Do I need to send a copy to the creditor's attorney or will that be done by the court?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. DS is trying to talk to the attorney to see if they can make a settlement, but I can't count on that.