Midland calls 3 months after deletion

Got FICO?

xdeadhorsex Guys, I had a phone call today from Midland regarding an old charge off in Dec. 99.

This lady calls states name and purpose and proposes a settlement. Which I immediately ask her name, address and tell her that I am going to be sending her some documents.

She tells me that they could very easily send me some documents and asked have I looked at my CR because they are on my CR and account is mine, blah, blah, blah.......anyway, I tell her that I do not know if the account is mine AND Midland is not on my CR. (recently deleted from all 3 through my newly acquired info thanks to forum)

So my questions are:

:twisted: Should I go ahead and send them documents now or wait for written correspondence from them? SOL is 5 years in my state, although I am reading more and more about written contracts.

:twisted: Can they legally put themselves back on my CR?

:twisted: Can they also give me another hard inquiry?

:twisted: Can they legally put themselves back on my CR?

:twisted: Can they also give me another hard inquiry?

To the first...They can try. But this isn't really a problem with them. It's a problem with the CRA. Once the tradeline has been deleted, the bureaus must obtain proof of accuracy from the furnisher before reinserting it in your file and must notify you in writing within 5 days of reinserting it. If 5 days go by and you receive nothing from the bureaus about it being readded, and you later find out it has been, you can sue the CRA for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

To the second, yes, they can pull your report again. But it is probably not legal. Once they have obtained your location information, they have no business pulling your report a second time. This process of repeated pulls is called "poisoning" a credit report. By banging your report with multiple pulls, it is their goal to use trashing your credit score as a means of forcing payment. It is illegal under the deceptive means to collect section of the FDCPA.