The Ultimate Credit Monitoring Service

iZ

I need to hear from those who have actually used them.

I am in the middle of a dispute and need to see if any CA adds derogitory info to any of the CRA immediatly.

My ultimate monitoring service would be daily for any changes by email, all three,cheap, and accurate.

Which one do you prefer and why? are there others not listed?

Here a a link with some good comparison info,

Your best advice most welcome.

TIA

iZ

http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/credit-monitoring.html

It appears to me that most people around here use TrueCredit (often reffered to as TC). I use them and I don't have too many complaints.

:-|

A bit more expensive than the others, but IMHO, they have the most to offer. Also keep in mind that the scores you'll receive will be FAKO scores...not true indications of your actual FICO scores, but a fairly decent estimate to use for basic monitoring.

Peace.

Since I have only used TC, it would be unfair for me to rank them. For me, it was important that I have at least FAKO scores and reports from all three major bureaus that frequently updated. This knocks EQ out of the equation since they provide no scores and only monitors your EQ report. Less expensive, yes, but not capable of full 3-bureau monitoring.

IG only updates quarterly (as you can see from the comparison chart), which didn't interest me.

There are others as well, but this will only add to the confusion. You just need to ask yourself what is it that I'm after and which one provides it.

Hope that helps...

Ray

I use Equifax's service to keep tabs on mine...I don't give a rat's you-know-what about my FICO score but I do keep track of that happens on my bureau.

I use EQ primairly because businesses in my area seem to rely on EQ more than the other major bureaus.

The system has worked well...no complaints.

Robert, I live in VA and EQ seems to be used for almost everything as well. :roll:

I occasionally get reports from EQ (and I have SCORE POWER from myFICO.com which caters only to EQ) for that exact purpose. TC seems to maintain the exact same data as the aforementioned services, though.

I guess I'm just a bit OCD and want to monitor them all. You're definitely saving a few more bucks a month, though aren'tcha!

Peace,

Ray

Thanks for your replys...so based on my stated criteria, True Credit is the right one for now correct? There is not another who provides all 3, daily for less.

Is there any web coupons for them.. or deals... They seem expensive.

Try this one:

http://www.truecredit.com/orderOrigination?op=scores:Right&product=CreditMonitoring&cb=Walmart

Or you can either sign up for the TU monitoring free trial. When you sign in, you will have the option to upgrade to the 3-n-1 (for a lesser cost & w/o paying the first month cost since you're doing the free trial). That's the way my beau went and his came out cheaper than mine (I used the Wal-mart discount for the 3-n-1).