so we applied for dell and got it a few months back...

they gave us 1500 dollars we bought a computer 600...

and now we have paid it off.....

So what is best for our credit..... keep charging little things and keep a small balance on the account and keep it open?

Or pay it off and forget about it?

Dell, Hmm, let's see. If you have paid the Dell card off, then close it, unless you had it for some time. If you plan to buy something again, they don't change the terms of the card AT ALL. So if you were approved at a rate of 29.99%, the next purchase you make with the card will have an interest rate of just that. In my eyes, it's not even worth it.

Shouldn't Blueranger keep the card around to reduce balance to limits ratio? This is particularly true if there is no annual fee.

There's no need to carry a balance on it or even use it.

I'm faced with a similar predicament - I wondering whether to close my 4 month old Crap 1 account because I've obtained higher limits from more reputed creditors. However, I'm afraid my scores may take a small hit if I do this.