Harassing Calls

Guest ggomez04

Guest ggomez04

Hi. I am new to this site. I have searched this site for an answer to my problem and have not found any one post that has helped me. So I thought I'd ask the gurus myself. Here is my problem:

I ran into some serious financial problems a few months ago. The OC (for a car loan) calls me everyday, at least 5 times a day. This account is currently only 9 days past due. I usually ignore the phone calls because I have already told them the exact date in which the next payment would be made (which is less than 30 days from the actually due date).

What can I do to stop them from calling everyday?

The OC isnt covered under the FDCPA like CA's. Some states do have laws restricting OC's, though. Have you asked them to stop calling you every day? Often just asking them not to call helps or send it in writing. Let them know you find it harrassing and will report them if it doesnt stop. Even though they arent covered by the FDCPA it generally works. If that doesn't work you can try call blocking, if you have that available on your phone.