disputing alot of items

partywithjohn

You can have it all in one (it'll get pretty expensive if you send 1 letter per dispute) or how many you want in one letter. It's whatever is easier for you to keep track of your disputes. Just make sure you list ONE reason PER dispute. Don't group them together or the TL will not be investigated.

Also, disputing online makes things pretty easy as well. They'll list each account and provide you the opportunity to dispute each one for various reasons.

I've used this method with good success and expediency. I don't know if there is necessarily an advantage to sending the letter...other than the important "paper trail." The others may have a different take on this. If so, I'd love to know it too!

Just a suggestion...

Ray

Also, disputing online makes things pretty easy as well. They'll list each account and provide you the opportunity to dispute each one for various reasons.

That's the only way I ever request investigations - online. I can always prove when my disputes have been received by the confirmations pages/numbers and updated CR [w/ the investigations results page] I receive in the mail (postmarked). However, EQ (although I personally think that they are the best @ handling MY disputes most of the time) doesn't offer many dispute reasons [online] to fit my needs. If that occurs, I would just pick up the phone and call. (Not like that would make much of a difference since all they do is convert my dispute to a 2-digit code anyway.) I called a month ago to dispute the status of an account (it was being reported as "closed" instead of "open") since I couldn't use that reason online. The CSR claimed to understand; but my investigation obviously wasn't handle properly as it's STILL being reported as "closed". (The other 2 CRAs are reporting it accurately.) Don't worry...I'm handling that @ the moment.;) But as Ray suggested, online disputes are a good way to go...unless you're just the type that likes writing letters and collecting returned receipts.

I use EQ's online dispute process regularly, Angel and I do think they handle things well for the most part. Haven't experienced a problem where my concern didn't fit the available choices, but I can see how that could happen. I love how they send that updated CR as you mentioned. Even just a minor name update will get you one.

All of my disputes are done online EXCEPT TU, JC. They require that you have an originally-mailed CR to obtain the password for disputing, don't they? I usually just call them, but in my opinion they are REALLY slow.

Oh well.

Ray

http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/creditDisputes/online.page?

near the bottom of the page.....

and I remember a few months ago, I made a big boo-boo with TU (I disputed all my DH, but I used my SSN, so the next day alllll his crap was added to my report!) I called TU and he did mine and my husbands disputes over the phone, He didn't even want to talk to DH!:confused: