Contesting Real Debts

Am I understanding this right. If I contest real late payments, charge off's, etc and the agency doesnt respond in 30 days -- by law they have to remove it from my credit report? Can someone give me some clarity on that?

I guess my question is should I contest things, late payments, etc I know to be true or is that a waste of time.

Thanks

Chad

Am I understanding this right. If I contest real late payments, charge off's, etc and the agency doesnt respond in 30 days -- by law they have to remove it from my credit report? Can someone give me some clarity on that?

I guess my question is should I contest things, late payments, etc I know to be true or is that a waste of time.

Credit Repair is never a waste of time. However, disputing something as false when you know it is true is only a decision you can make. It's the CRAs job to investigate PROPERLY (which they don't) and the furnisher's job to verify PROPERLY.

The CRA has 30 days (or 45 days if you're using your free annual CR) to investigate your dispute. If they do not complete it w/in the allowed time, they must remove the TL. However, it can be reinserted if the furnisher certifies that the information is in deed accurate; and the CRA must notify you of the reinsertion w/in 5 days.

Pull all 3 reports. Compare and look at every lie item on the TL. On nearly every TL, you will have incorrect and/or inconsistant information. It is this fact that makes credit repair work.

It isn't about what is or is not true, it is about the law. That means it is about what is or is not provable. Don't think for a second that they would not use a technicality to beat you. One of the fights I won, I won because I caught Wells Fargo Financial "generating" documents.

While I would never stoop to illegal tactics like that, I will certainly use every legal means at my disposal to win.

I had a positive tradeline, but it had ONE 30 day late...so I disputed it as "never late" and the furnisher changed it to, "Paid, never late." That's ONE little thing I got...

Besides, it seems like the odds are really stacked AGAINST us consumers in general anyway, if there's something we can do to help ourselves so be it--they sure use every tactic at their disposal.

Elyse

I imagine somewhere in their computer database is a list of your disputes. I think as long as you wait a couple months or more between disputes, you should be fine. If you really comb over your TL, there is usually something that is not 100% correct. That's the things I disputed.