Has anyone tried this with an OC?

poormichelle

Providian (now WAMu) has assigned one of my CCs with them to Credit Solutions Corp.

I live in Florida.

- Florida requires CAs to register in this state. CSC is not on any FL list I can find.

- Florida requires CAs to notify me within a short time (30 days, I think) of being assigned my account to collect.

I was thinking of e-mailing or mailing a letter to someone at WaMu (don't know who yet) outliing this and asking why they're violating Florida's laws. But nicely, of course. And asking for deletion or pulling from my CR.

I think they may just pull it from the CA, let the CA stay on my CA for the next 7 years, and assign it to a new CA.

Anyone try this tactic? Did it work?

Yes, they are reporting.

They also called me yesterday; they left a message asking me to call the "Federal Tax Reporting Department." I called (blocked) and it was Credit Solutions Corp. No initial contact yet, and hopefully no letter within five days of that first call.

I owed Providian $5426 and not it's $7409. I had another CC with them that's at about $4000 at a different CA. Actually five different CAs have had Providian accounts since 2003.

I was speaking generally when I said "assign." Perhaps I should have used "transferred my account" or something else. I was a paralegal for a few years but never took a course that went into consumer credit/debt regs in depth. At any rate, the account has been to a bunch of different CAs since 2003, and none of them contacted me.

I'm not sure of Credit Solutions bought my debt or not. No contact by mail from them within 5 days of the first phone call, either.

- Florida requires CAs to notify me within a short time (30 days, I think) of being assigned my account to collect.

this is where assign means sale.

if a CA is just contracted to collect your acct, they are not required by Florida law to notify you within 30 days. only if they buy the account.