they said I SET THEM UP!! What a JOKE!!

Been in litigation with a collection agency, and i have to say this defense scam they trying to use takes the cake!!

They claim i intetionally went out and got a loan denied so i could sue them. Whats so mess up about this is that I did not know that they had 'reported' a debt on my credit report until i applied for a loan. So how can i 'set' them up.

They screwed up, and reported a debt they KNEW was cancled. and i lost out on a loan because of their sloppy/negligent paper work.

Not to mention i guess 'I' 'set them up' with the other VIOLATIONS that they did to other people that led to them getting their license REVOKED in another state, and them 'continueing' to collect money from consumers even AFTER they were told that creditor did NOT want to use their services anymore because of them not being honest and giving them half of the money collected.

I agree, the law is the law!! I just cant believe they make a claim like this, any one ever hear of this type of defense??

This collection agency is SCUM!! their erroneos reporting caused me lose my loan to purchase property, and in doing so, i lost out on equity and appreciation income.

they blame the credit bureaus for the mistake, but the fact is that they credit bureaus never should have seen,heard, or had any idea of this debt.

in fact the cbs claim this reporting was under the direction of the collection agency, and if the CA knew this debt was already paid, why would they send it to them in the first place, seeing how it still showed up 3 months later when i applied for the loan.

I did not know it was even on my credit report until i applied for the loan. :(

they claim to give 30 days of not reporting the debt. We settled this in within 2 weeks. and they still reported it and they only removed it when i applied for a loan and sent a letter from my ATTORNEY.

If you pulled your credit right before applying for the loan their would be a soft pull. If you get the CR directly from the CRA it was listed on you could show that you hadn't pulled your credit before applying for the loan, so there was no way you could have known.

If you pulled your credit right before applying for the loan their would be a soft pull. If you get the CR directly from the CRA it was listed on you could show that you hadn't pulled your credit before applying for the loan, so there was no way you could have known.

This is true, and also my arguement. but like dive said, EVEN if i had done that, its still their OWN fault , they WILLFULLY violated the law.