Big 3 Using New Advantage Credit Scoring

Actually there is a thread under 'Credit Article of the Week' about this. However, I can tell you a friend of mine pulled her credit from TransUnion about a month ago. She called me freaking. Her true FICO score runs around 720 and when she pulled TU it was around 503 with the VantageScore. (I think that is what it's called!) Anyway, with that scale she went from A- credit to C credit according to her. I don't see how that scoring system will benefit anyone unless they already have perfect, flawless credit.

Guest mikey
Actually there is a thread under 'Credit Article of the Week' about this. However, I can tell you a friend of mine pulled her credit from TransUnion about a month ago. She called me freaking. Her true FICO score runs around 720 and when she pulled TU it was around 503 with the VantageScore. (I think that is what it's called!) Anyway, with that scale she went from A- credit to C credit according to her. I don't see how that scoring system will benefit anyone unless they already have perfect, flawless credit.

so 503 is considered a C? wow....i am around there and i was always thinking it was an F....lol

It's a different scale. The Vantage Score starts at 501. So the previous poster's friend's 720 FICO is NOT the same as a 720 Vantage because the starting point is like 150 pts HIGHER with Vantage (say a 350 FICO would be a 500 Vantage, to simplify things).

Although a 503 Vantage would be an F, not a C. C would be 701-800. So your friend should double-check what's going on there.