Got some quick credit questions..

pi8790

I was pretty dumb with CC's when I was younger and now I got myself in a little trouble with too many CC's. My first question is How long does it take for your credit to get restored after being late on a CC for a whole month?

Yes right now I buckled down and I started to put most of my paycheck in getting these things gone.. So any advice for me will be great!

Edit: oops I posted in the wrong section last night...:oops:

The OC can report lates for the 7 year period or less if your state says so, such as SC which is only 3 years.

But, once you have corrected the problem and are current for at least a year, you can send them a letter requesting they delete the late as you have learned your lesson, plus, your history demonstrates it. AND, you are considering buying your first home and knowing your score will set the interest rate, would they be so kind, blah, blah. You get the drift.

"...How long does it take for your credit to get restored after being late on a CC for a whole month..."

The late may be reported for 7 years. However, credit is largely score-driven today. Your credit score can bounce back in about 13 months, since scoring is so driven by what has happened (on your accounts) RECENTLY.

You will benefit by making all other payments on time from now on and attempting, via GW letters, to get that late pay removed by the CC company. Good luck!