Need help with responding to this form letter from TU

Guest HappyLady365

Guest HappyLady365

On JUly 20, 2006 I wrote is letter to TransUnion:

Something is wrong! Regardign the information that TransUnion is reporting regarding Merrick Bank Account #..... and First Premier Bank #......

I called my attorney yesterday and he asked me to gather all the details, so I will appreciate you providing ALL of the information I am requesting below as quickly as possible. I asked him if this was against the law to just change the date fo last activity...he said yes, but for me to just gather all the below information right now.

RE: Merrick Bank Account #....

From the time I got my FREE annual credit report dated 9/2/05 until now....TransUnion states that they have "Verified, No Change". Now the DLA has changed to 06-06. That is NOT TRUE. Where doe TransUnion get such information?

I am writing and requesting to see what kind of "proof TransUnion used to 'Verified, No Change'". I need the exact Merrick Bank phone number that you called ___________.

I want to know exactly who you spoke with at Merrick Bank__________ and their phone extension or direct phone number_______. Also their title at Merrick Bank_____________.

On my FREE annual credit report TransUnion states: "Estimated date that this item will be removed: 01/2007"....but now you are reporting the DLA as 06/06. Thank God I kept my FREE annual credit report.

RE: First Preminer Bank #.....

From the time I got my FREE annual credit report dated 9/2/05 until now....TransUnion states that they have "Verified, No Change." If you will look at what you are reporting...."Date Closed: 11/2000" but yet you are reporting DLA 04/03. That is almost 3 years difference. Where does TransUnion get such information?

I am writing and requesting to see what kind of "proof TransUnion used to 'Verified, No Change'". I need the exact First Premier Bank phone number that you called___________.

I want to know exactly who you spoke with at First Premier Bank _________ and their phone number or direct phone number_____________. Also their title at First Premier Bank ________________.

On my FREE annual credit report TransUnion states: "Estimated date that this item will be removed: 7/2007"....Thank God I kept my FREE annual credit report.

HappyLady365....of course I sent it certified with return receipt which they signed on 7/27/2006.

Today 8/5/2006 I received this form letter from TransUnion.....

Thank you for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit reports. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

RE: Verification Documents not Available

We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors. When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and record the current status of the information. We do not provide dispute verification responses received from creditors. If you need to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts, then please contact your creditors directly.

If you have any additional questions or concerns........

???????? My question is how do I respond to this form letter? Do I copy my first letter and return receipt and demand they provide proof of their verification since they are the ones reporting it......

Thanks in advance for you insight.

HappyLady365

Read over this link. This will explain how to handle CRA's who refuse to explain how they verify info. The letter they sent you is BULL - they have to provide you with their method of verification if you ask, and you have.

What I would do is write back to them, enclose a copy of the letter you sent, and the letter they responded with, and tell them that they have to comply with FCRA Section 611(a)(7). It's the law, period.

You could also just call them, as the link describes, but for your protection we also like to recommend having everything in writing, just in case.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/MethodOfVerification.shtml