EQ deletes 7 good-standing TL's and won't reinsert

In very recent Equifax CR's I received from them in response to previous disputes I had initiated, it came to my attention that 7 TL's that never were disputed have completely dropped off of my EQ credit report.

This would have been good news had these 7 accounts/TLs been negative accounts or CA's, but this is not the case. The 7 accounts that have been suddenly deleted all shared the following commonalities;

Paid as agreed

Closed

Never late

All 7 of these accounts are anywhere from 4-6 years old and well within the guidelines for remaining on my CR. The dropping off of the closed accounts has hurt my EQ score as it has reduced the average age of my credit history and the number of accounts I have had......in good standing.

I called, got nowhere and recalled Equifax three different times today. I have in my possession a EQ CR dated June 23, 2006 showing all 7 of these accounts on my CR but each EQ CSR stated that only each creditor can re-report these accounts. I think this is BS as it is clear that 7 different creditors did not all decide to have a CR conspiracy against me during the same 24 hour period. Equifax screwed up and had a computer glitch but they won't take any action to fix it....they continue to tell me that only the creditors can re-report this and that I must call each one of them to request this.

Is this true? Anyone have a word of advice for this scenario?

I had the exact same thing happen this past month between 7/3 and 8/1. I had 1/3 or 14 trade lines disappear from my report.All were paid trade lines paid on time and currently closed. I am currently working with CSC services on gettting these accounts put back on. I'll let you know how things work out in the next couple days.

Most likely the creditors will all tell you they haven't done a thing differently, they have no idea why the TLs disappeared and they are reporting same as always.

Been there, done that, tore enough hair out of my head to start a wig store. And got absolutely nowhere.

EQ doesn't seem to play by the same rulebook as the rest of the world. I've had this fight with them over deleted good tradelines too.

Admittedly I had a BK 10 years ago. All my good tradelines prior were deleted by EQ when they reached 7 years of age. That really put my score into the dumpster for a long time. Getting them to reinstate the data was impossible. So now it looks like I have only 7 years of credit history even though the first loan I took out was nearly 20 years ago.

And unfortunately, they are right about one thing. There is no law whatsoever that says how long they must maintain good records. Only a law limiting how long they can list bad ones.

Just got a call from CSC services I had 14 accounts dropped from my credit file between July 3 and Aug 1. As of today 10 accounts have been put back on. The other 4 were either over 10 yrs. or duplicate accts (2+2).CSC was able to order a scan of my credit file from Equifax compare it to my current file and put back on the tradelines. I had to provide them with an Equifax Credit report Dec. 05 for them to pull the scan. Now the confusing part when the tradelines were deleted fico score dropped 38 points.With the 10 tradelines added back on (no negs) score goes up 6 points wtf.