Possibilty of Settling after judgement

txsquirrel

I'm just curious. Is there a high possibility being able to settle a debt after a debt has received a judgement.

I received a judgement against me a couple of months ago and received a call in the middle of July with a settlement offer before they send a judgement amount to the court. I wanted to take the offer, but needed until the end of the month to pay it off. With much arguements from them, they finally agreed to hold the paperwork and gave me until the 31st.

I called them several times to confirm what was going on and that I was going to take their offer, but on the 31st I tried to call to finalize and now I can't get through and they haven't returned my calls.

I suppose my question is, will the CA's still settle after judgement has been filed or is it to late for any negotiations. Or am I now just SOL.

most will do that... a judgement does protect them which is why they want it but they dont to go through the hassle of garnishment and finding your bank to draft funds.., which you need to be aware can happen at any time so guard your bank account.. in your case, since you live in a no garnishment state they may go after the bank account much faster...

most will do that... a judgement does protect them which is why they want it but they dont to go through the hassle of garnishment and finding your bank to draft funds.., which you need to be aware can happen at any time so guard your bank account.. in your case, since you live in a no garnishment state they may go after the bank account much faster...

Is it ever possible to get a judgement reversed by the CA? Work a deal that if you pay what's owed the judgement will be vacated?

thx

They just contacted me tonight to let me know that the judgement amount was turned in and now my total is $6,000 more than before. That's a pretty good profit for someone who didn't even have to leave their cush office and only probably filed fill-in-the-blank legal forms. I guess I need an idea how to deal with trying to get them down to a lower amount. I didn't have what they wanted before the judgement, so it is going to be harder now for them to get a higher amount from me. I would think that offering them anything reasonable would work, but these turkeys aren't very reliable. There is at least 3 different guys calling each claiming to be the other's supervisor and they are always changing numbers. It's reminds me of the stereotypical cars salesman.

So from what I understand from others, should I have a flat amount in hand and make an offer. If they are only interested in the full amount(which the can't get) should I save up on my end to pay it off or can I trust them to take payments and properly apply them to my account?

Carolinablueeyes thanks for your advice. I have been watching my account for a couple of months now. There isn't much in them, so they can try to take them. Thats the only thing that they can do. Tx pretty much limits their power of collecting forceably.

CBkid...Right now I want this account to just be paid. These guys are so difficult to even talk to, I couln't imagine them actually helping me with my credit report.

You guys are great. Sorry if I rambled. There is just a lot on my plate right now and I felt a surge of questions. Thx;)