Is Washington Mutual "Plantinum" Mastercard A Prime Card

I am still rebuilding credit through repair and paying my bills on time. I received a preapproved letter from Washington Mutual for a plantinum card. I called and if

I accept my credit line will be $3,000. unsecured. I currently only have a orchard unsecured card with a credit line of $300. with a $45.00 balance. My scores are

in the mid 600's.Stated at high 500's in March.The orchard card seemed to really help. I also have two mortgages that are current.

Is this card a "prime card" and will it be good for my fico scores and credit ratings. At this time I do not plan to use it. Should I apply for it?Thank you.

Penman

It's a good card. It also comes with a free FICO score every month, which is the Bankcard Industry Option score--the actual score used by credit card issuers. It's currently the only way for consumers to see this particular score.

LNY thanks for that information! I just recently got this card as my first card to start rebuilding, so I'm glad to know that it was a good choice! So far I have no complaints, and I love the FICO score bonus! They have not started reporting yet though and I got the card about 5 weeks ago. Does it take awhile for them to report to the credit bureaus?

Yes they do report to all three. Great online payment and card management The only drawback is very minor- they are worse than Capitol One bombarding my mailbox with envelopes full of cash advance and balance transfer checks. And the interest rate is on the high side too, so I never carry any significant balances.