Old Bank of Amercia Collection Account

penman

I received a copy of my credit reports from all three CRAs. On my transunion

report an old Bank of America account shows up. It only shows up on transunion. It shows the account was closed in 12/2002 but does not indicate a date of last activity. Under Pay Status it shows "Unrated" The report shows that the account was sold to a "another lender" on my report. I believe the date of last acitivity is over four years ago.

Also I have not received a letter from the CA at this time. I have received a phone call about it.

My question is should I ask for a DV and try to get it off my report or just let it alone at this time.Also, is the date that the account was closed the date of last activity? Would appreciate any suggestions about the course of action I should take. Thanks.

Penman

If this is a BOA TL you are referring to, then, my question now is if this is all that is on the CR. If so, as long as the balance owed is zero, shows a sold or transferred to another lender, though showing unrated, I would leave it alone for now. You did not mention as to if it showed 30, 60, or 90 day lates. If none are there, that is good. If they are, you could dispute this with the CRA's as incorrect information being reported, such as you were never late as reported. Do not note any dates, word it to cover all. This way, if no response, the CRA will delete all of them, or, if a response, some may go away.

If a CA is NOT reporting this account, leave it alone entirely. The CA could report it as BOA could, not positively, notify them of your dispute. True, You said it is showing as sold, which is OK, as it means the JDB who now owns it is not actively working it. You do not want to wake them up, do you?

Retmar- This acccount is an old visa card. On the transunion report it shows a high balance of 5900., a credit limit of 6500, and under past due is zero.

The transunion report shows lates through nov of 03. The tranusion credit report that

I receivied through "myfico" shows a date of last activity as being December 1996. This report that I received directly from Transunion last week does not show a catergory of "date of last activity" just the date that it was updated. Also this account does not show up on Experian or Equifax.

I did receive a call last week about this account. No collection agency is reporting it it just shows as a BofA account, and under remark it shows the it was

purchased by another lender. Under "pay status" is unrated.

Should I dispute as "not mine" or should ask transuion to revove it becasue it is old and should be of my report . Or should I just leave it alone.Thanks again.

Penman

Yes, you can dispute it as "not mine" or as being past the reporting period. If you do the period dispute, you will have to cite the FCRA laws that apply in regards to the reporting period. Do note that TU does not show the DOLA in any spot on their CR's, unless they've changed them recently. You have to ask them. This can be done if you have a current report with the corresponding number assigned to it and is within the period of time allowed. Call them and ask them what date are they using to determine the time it will remain. Sometimes, if they see it, the rep will go ahead an delete it then. Be sure and note their name, date, time, and main points of conversation. You only note main points as by recalling the main points, you'd be surprised how much of the actual words will come back to you later.