Can a Lawyer Testify in Court???

I was sued by a Credit Card Co. in a jury trial and represented myself. A junior attorney handled the court case and got flustered and had to call her boss attorney who was also the attorney for the case. He got on the witness stand and acted as co-attorney and witness??? I did lose. Is there anything I can do? Thanks

Dont think so now. At the time, live, you needed to OBJECT. Question is, did that person have PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE of what it was she was testifying to?

If not, then it was hearsay, you would OBJECT to the witness, if the judge overruled your objection, you would EXCEPTION, noted on the transcript. This sets a point of LAW to be dealt with on appeal. And then as the questions are asked of this person, you would OBJECT as hearsay anything specifically that is hearsay.

Dont think you could even appeal the decision now, based on error of the court allowing hearsay testimony, since you had to first get your objection on the record for future appeal.

Maybe the lawyers can chime in on the situation.

I was sued by a Credit Card Co. in a jury trial and represented myself. A junior attorney handled the court case and got flustered and had to call her boss attorney who was also the attorney for the case. He got on the witness stand and acted as co-attorney and witness??? I did lose. Is there anything I can do? Thanks

What was he testifying to as a witness?

I objected to a copy of a Notice to Cure Default letter saying it was not genuine. I had the original Notice to Cure Default letter and the figure had been whited out and it was all smugged and unlegible. So the attorney testified that it was common practice to white out Notice to Cure letters. I asked the Judge for my original back and he said I could get it after the court case was over. I did not get it back.