How do I get rid of a vehicle after charge-off?

I have a vehicle loan charge-off on my credit thats about to come off in about 10 months. The debt is way past the SoL for my state and I've sent a Cease and Desist letter so I'm not getting hassled for the remaining balance, but now I have a vehicle that I dont want and dont know what to do with. I've been searching like crazy for a way to either donate, junk, salvage the vehicle but I'm hard pressed to find anything.

At this point I dont care about making any money on it I just want it gone and not legally bound to me.

I've talked to a couple donation places but they want title which I cant get without settling the debt..and because I got royally ripped off (why i stopped paying for the vehicle to begin with) i refuse to pay them.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

I have a vehicle loan charge-off on my credit thats about to come off in about 10 months. The debt is way past the SoL for my state and I've sent a Cease and Desist letter so I'm not getting hassled for the remaining balance, but now I have a vehicle that I dont want and dont know what to do with. I've been searching like crazy for a way to either donate, junk, salvage the vehicle but I'm hard pressed to find anything.

At this point I dont care about making any money on it I just want it gone and not legally bound to me.

I've talked to a couple donation places but they want title which I cant get without settling the debt..and because I got royally ripped off (why i stopped paying for the vehicle to begin with) i refuse to pay them.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Part it out and junk the rest. Junkyards don't usually care to have the title. If they ask you for it, tell them why you can't get it. Chances are they will take it anyway if you give it to them.

You could also list it in any free shoppers papers in your area like this:

FREE 19xx (insert make and model) for parts only. No title. Call xxx-xxxx.

Part it out and junk the rest.

It's not legally YOURS to part out. Is the lender in your town ? If so, leave the vehicle in their lot with the keys and a note. Or, send them a letter telling them that if they don't come get THEIR vehicle, you'll charge them storage fees of $xx/mo.

It's not legally YOURS to part out. Is the lender in your town ? If so, leave the vehicle in their lot with the keys and a note. Or, send them a letter telling them that if they don't come get THEIR vehicle, you'll charge them storage fees of $xx/mo.

The problem with this is the fact that the vehicle has not been repo'ed. They just want him to pay the remainder of the bill.

The reason I said to part it out was that many vehicles that are junked do not have titles except a salvage title if they are sold to a junkyard and some have no titles at all if they don't run and are worth nothing but parts. I once had a vehicle that I gave to a salvage yard that didn't even ask me for the title, they just came got it and used it for parts. I probably should have asked the OP first if he had tried to give it back to the lender. My mistake and a big one if the lender has not been notified to come get their vehicle. Registrations expire every 12 months so if the registration has expired, it's the owner of record on the title that determines who owns the vehicle and since the OP claims that the debt is OOS, then this vehicle has probably been abandoned by the lender which the OP should clarify before doing anything else with the vehicle. And LadynRed is correct that the OP does not own the vehicle and could run into trouble with the law parting it out.

thanks for all the responses...i talked to an auto wrecking company last night an he's going to take the vehicle and perform a lien sale.

He'll inform the lender and registered owner (me) of the lien sale and we have so many days to contest or he gets to either part it out or sell it off.