Can I get preapproval with these scores...Need some assurance

cacata

Hey,

I have been lurking on these boards for a few months and I have managed to get my scores up from the low 500's to 608 (Exp), 615 (TU) and 578 (EQ) Thanks to the stickys on the Credit Repair section and lots of frustrating conversations with EQ. (The equifax will be going up soon I hope since they just removed 176, 000 tradeline. (Student loan)

I currently have a collection account of 2, 000 for a utilities company that I am paying off and I have about 4,500 in CC debt that I have paid on time the past year.

I have a few paid chargeoffs that will come off next year and

I have about 6, 000 in a 403B plan and I make about 54, 000 grand a year. My DH income is 36,000 a year but he has a judgement agaisnt him so we can't use his credit.

We have about 5 months before we have to move from our apartment. (Our lease is up and the landlord does not want to renew.) I know that most brokers want someone with a 620 or higher and I'm sure if we really stetch we could pauy off the utilities company in 3 months. (Unless heating pricews go up again).

Charles, You are the resident expert. What do you think?

Thanks, for your input.

I called Home Funding Finders. It a mortgage broker firm in my neck of the woods. They have a good rep in my town. I am feeling apprehensive, as all of my personal business is out there ready to be judged :)