Can't get a CC!

I read through this site for obtaining cc with bad credit. I applied for an secured with bank of America and was declined! We then tried for capitol one and were denied! My hubby's score is in 590's and 600! I am surprised! I have folks ago got bankruptcies that get card offers right and left. My hubby only has like 3 things on his credit and they are OLD!

I am going to apply in my name so that he doesn't keep getting the inquiries... My score is 545 590 and 595. Any suggestions?

Remember that scores are not the only thing CC issuers consider. They also consider history... do you have negative items on your reports? Do you have any open, positive accounts?

Do lots of reading on here, then come back with questions about what you've read. That's the best way to start, and it will make it easier for us to help you. :)

I have a secured card with New Millenium Bank and as far as I know there are no declines. The thing is, it will never be converted to an unsecured card, but as long as you know that going in I don't see a problem. Also, there is no grace period for purchases. I pay mine off every month and I think the most in interest I have paid is $2. Well worth it to rebuild my credit. They report to all 3 CRAs every month faithfully, too.

http://www.nmbonline.com/secured_credit_cards.html

Their online site for payment is good as well. For example, this past weekend I was out of town and logged on to see my recent transactions. You can also see your payment history.

https://www.newmillcc.com/

No card is perfect, but I've had mine for two years and love it. It's the only CC I have other than Target.

________

WEB SHOWS

Edited by kevin3344

I'd rather not have yet another "what cards should I get?" thread. We have hundreds of them, and we've all typed and retyped the same responses over and over.

Let's allow the OP to read a bit, as all the info she's seeking is already here. It's a good learning exercise! ;)

I have done lots of reading! I have been here for awhile, I also have the "good credit is sexy book." I will say that the information I read on here sometimes CONFLICTS with what I am reading in the books so that throws me off a bit. In the book it describes the DV technique differently than the advice I am getting. I look forward to getting this process down and begin able to assist others in the future! Thanks again. Alida

Remember that scores are not the only thing CC issuers consider. They also consider history... do you have negative items on your reports? Do you have any open, positive accounts?

Do lots of reading on here, then come back with questions about what you've read. That's the best way to start, and it will make it easier for us to help you. :)

In this thread you were asking what credit cards to apply for if you have poor or no credit. Now, we have dozens upon dozens of threads here on that exact same subject, which I why I told you to search.

Which do you think would be more helpful to you... the replies that this thread might receive, or the replies in dozens upon dozens of other threads on the same subject? Why limit yourself to one thread? Your question has been asked and answered a zillion times... why not take advantage of that information, which is already at your fingertips? And why ask people to retype the same responses they've given already in all those other threads? Is that fair to other posters?

That's why we tell you to search. Not because we're lazy or unhelpful. We're here not only to help you, but also help you learn to help yourself. Credit repair is a combination of the two.