EQ Posted on my CR "Paid Collection." HELP !

tmac01

I sent EQ (CSC) a letter asking them to verify a deragotory acct. The account was from OSI Recovery System (CA)and the OC was Direct Energy. Direct Energy clearly was wrong in reporting this account and admitted to this. They sent me the information showing that I had a $0 balance and was never late on any payments. Now EQ has post on my CR "Paid Collection." I have never had this posted on my CR and do not know what it means. Does it still affect my credit report score ? How do I get this removed and who do I go after, OSI, EQ, or Direct Energy ? How do I do it ? Do I DV OSI again ? Do I send an ITS letter to EQ ? or do I go after DE and how ? I'm really lost on this one. I can say that EQ did not validate this TL within 30 days as well....Any help is appreciated...Thank You...:)

If you want to sent an ITS, that's your decision. I try never to contribute to someone's decision to sue or not to sue. It is such an important personal and financial decision.

I would say that you shouldn't say anything verbally or in writing that you're not prepared to follow through on.