Whoo-hoo! Arbor Day Juniper 6.9% fixed!

Yay! Just got approved for this 6.9% FIXED card for $7,500!

So I closed my $1,000, 14.74% Juniper "Platinum" and combined it with my $5,000 Juniper National Park Foundation to make a $6,000 card at 7.9% fixed!!

This is awesome. Now I can close my Household card before they close it on me. I have a $4 balance on my $2,800, $39 annual fee, 23.5% interest rate HH card and they close your account when you get down to $0 if they see you have been getting decent cards with high limits. I now have an $8k Discover, $10k WaMu/Providian, and these two Juniper cards. So my time is nigh, and I don't want "closed by credit grantor" on my reports... meaning I have to close this account before they do.

I've asked them to combine with my Union Plus but so far not seeing any action there. I just hope they don't close that one too. But I'm pretty psyched about this new card!!! :woohoo:

Yeah, the whole idea was to find a good card that pulled TU, so I figured why not go for a low, fixed-rate card? I just wanted to be able to close Household on my own terms and in my own time, without lopping three grand off my util.

I just lost a 10-year positive and am about to lose another one. So although I'll lower my average age (the HH card is over 4 years old), I'd just rather not have the account closed by the credit grantor. It looks bad.

OK, I'm slapping your wrist for posting the Household thing in here... :twisted:

But what they do is when they see you've been getting prime cards and high limits, they close your accounts. Usually once you pay down to zero. I've been playing games with them, but now since it's down to $4, the game is over. I have to pay it off.

I tried one last gambit... asking them to combine my HH and Union Plus cards so I could close the HH myself, but so far they haven't bitten. They suck.:evil:

So have you been getting good cards with high limits? If not, you're still safe. They don't like when you don't "need" them anymore, and when you stop using their cards. But hey, you want to charge me 23.5% AND an annual fee, what do you expect? HELLO.

From all I've read, yes. Usually the first you'll hear of it is going online to your account and seeing that you have a $5.00 CL.

You're OK with one or two nice cards/limits, but once they see you're definitely out of subprime-land for good, you get the axe.

*takes slap on wrist like a big girl, not crying* :lol:

ummm i'm sorry LNY but you mentioned the household thingie in here first :confused:

so ummm errr to answer your question... the only card that i have that has a higher limit than HH is Juniper Apple Credit Card Account which has about $2,750 higher limit than HH and a lower interest rate... i got that added to my credit file this month... also i just applied for some hooters love last night but that's all i'm applying for...

::travolta:: <---- that will be me once i can get out of sub-prime land for good no longer needing their tradelines

IT'S MY THREAD AND I CAN HIJACK IF I WANT TO!!8-)

But, yes I did bring it up. You are correct!! Truthfully I only brought it up because I knew Cavazos007 would show up with a snarky comment otherwise. :twisted: She gets on me when I apply for a new card, so figured I'd explain WHY I applied for this one and head her off at the pass. She's nothing but trouble, that one.

But you should be OK. When you start getting Discover cards and $5,000-$10,000 CLs is when they get you in their crosshairs. I think you're safe!

LNY,

You once mentioned that your TU score was much higher than the others. If I'm not being too intrusive, what's that score/report looking like? Just curious...

My TU score is my highest as well (myFICO 666 :twisted: ), but I still have two old baddies showing. I would like to get another unsecured card.

Last I saw my TU PFICO (July), it was 793. It was 797 the month before. :evil:

If TU is your highest score :twisted: go for Juniper and/or Providian. Both are sympathetic to old baddies (with Juniper, the higher the rate, the more sympathetic they become...) and Providian gives decent limits and nice auto CLIs at 6 months if you're behaving.

With Juniper, try for the Carnival Sea Miles. If they approve you, there is a good chance they'll also approve you for US Airways moments later. That combination seems to work well for people. Good luck!! :D

https://www.juniper.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp

WOW LNY you're almost in the 800 club! congrats! that's my goal... a friend of mine last night told me getting in that club is impossible unless you're in the military :? he's an idiot... I know of at least 5 people in the 800 club one person has an average of 830 across the board...

so as of today I’m officially in the 700 club across the board with 1 "baddie" (I like that term hehe) showing up on both Experian & Trans Union its scheduled to come off like November 2007 it was an old $300 Riches charge card account my mom was suppose to pay for me while I was off at college :(

oh well... moving on...

LNY thanks for all the advice/useful info... my goal is to be in the 800 club before I’m 30 :)

Well, getting a BK and all its associated TLs prematurely removed from my TU kinda helped... :twisted: But I've got another 5 years of praying it doesn't come back. Then I'm screwed. All my nice cards, limits and rates will go bye-bye.

But yay you! The 700 club is a good place to be. Especially at your young age. Congrats!:D

If TU is your highest score :twisted: go for Juniper and/or Providian. Both are sympathetic to old baddies (with Juniper, the higher the rate, the more sympathetic they become...) and Providian gives decent limits and nice auto CLIs at 6 months if you're behaving.

With Juniper, try for the Carnival Sea Miles. If they approve you, there is a good chance they'll also approve you for US Airways moments later. That combination seems to work well for people. Good luck!! :D

https://www.juniper.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp

You've recommended that to me before and I don't mean to seem dense, but after all the repair I've done, applying for new credit seems like such a HUGE deal to me. I gonna move on that, though and will apply this evening. Thanks for all your excellent suggestions...both past and present!

Great score BTW!

Ray

wow... that must be stressful to have to worry for five years... I didn’t know it was possible to get a BK off your credit file...

i know that riches account has been eating me alive for the past 2 years when I found out about it...

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I love you guys! everyone else always looks at me like :urcrazy: if I start going off on how I check my credit report everyday and how I’ve been a member of a credit watch program for over 2 years etc... they call me a freak :(

i can be myself here *sheds tear*

Ray:

It SHOULD be a huge deal! That means you've learned something here! ;)

Too many people apply willy nilly for things without doing their homework. You've learned not to. And the next step from repair is rebuild... which involves applying for new credit and using it strategically. If you feel you've learned enough to be ready to take that step, it's time to start rebuilding. :)

wow... that must be stressful to have to worry for five years... I didn’t know it was possible to get a BK off your credit file...

i know that riches account has been eating me alive for the past 2 years when I found out about it...

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I love you guys! everyone else always looks at me like :urcrazy: if I start going off on how I check my credit report everyday and how I’ve been a member of a credit watch program for over 2 years etc... they call me a freak :(

i can be myself here *sheds tear*

At least here, everyone's as :urcrazy: as you are, right?;)