Skyfox, -- "This thread has turned me in to a creditmonger-- yeap,...."

I remember this thread when it started, and you had a $500 or $1000 Amex Blue student card. I was like OK<< so what??? Next thred..... When I returned to CICF, after many months away your CLI was mind blowing....

I was up late one night reading the forum,

Thinking WTF??????????????????? Are you really for real?? Can CLI go up that fast? Why did my 6 visa cards show me only 3k in love, after asking for CLI -- and that was only 2/6 that gave me a hug. Even accounts -- I've had for 15 years, with perfect history said NOOOOO SIR.

Chase xpiratex they are just BS.*coilme*::BigGun::

Crap1xpiratex they are well full of it... *coilme*::BigGun::

Subprime cockroach CC can burn in xxHellxx xxHellxx xxHellxx ..... ::BigGun::

Opps, maybe that was a little harsh :catholic: :catholic: :catholic:xfishx

Then again the dam gold diggin snakes ----xsnakeyx xsnakeyx xsnakeyx xsnakeyx they have screwed me for years.

Amex started me with a CL of about $1200, my 2 CL are now about 30K!!!!!!!

::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta::((ChristPogo)) ((ChristPogo)) ((ChristPogo))::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: :PartyTime:

Thanks for starting the thread,

My last 18months with Amex have been great the last few months have been amazing!!!! It's the only bill I've every been happy paying.......:D :D :D

Oh yeah, my new Amex gold was just upgraded toPLATINUM !!!! ::heartpumping:: ::heartpumping:: ::heartpumping::xFlowersx xFlowersx ::heartpumping:: ::heartpumping:: ::heartpumping::

American Express, the name says it all......::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA::

They have been my Dr. Luv :HeartRX:

ps) Anyone else gettin some luvin??????? Keep the thread alive, with some LUV BUTTON ACTION !!!!!!

Wow, wow, wow!!! I'm glad that this thread has been such an inspiration! That's what I wanted to do, spread the love around. And Amex sure is willing to give it... Share the details! What cards do you have, how did you upgrade from Gold to Platinum, etc. All that info helps others take the plunge. Again congrats, I'm so happy this thread has helped.

So I found a way around the 35K CLI ceiling: my SPG business card. I had 21.3K of which I reallocated 10K to my Blue and Clear cards. Now my cards have CLs of 40K each. Since my SPG card is not reported on my personal report, each month I will ask for an increase and reallocate a small portion of it to my personal cards. 50K here I come!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING, It gets even better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call up to activate the Gold charge card, and it goes something like this:

AMEX: "Good day, May I have your name and BD?"

AAC: "XYZ,, xx/xx/xxxx"

AAC: "Hello, before activating my gold account I'd like to know if I can upgrade this account to Amex Platinum?"

AMEX: "Oh, well let me transfer you we just activate....."

AAC: "Ok, great..."

AMEX: "Hello, My name is David how can I help you?

AAC: "Hi, after reading more about your Platinum Card --- I realized the benefits are more to my needs, especially the airport club room access. I should have applied for it! Do you have a way to upgrade from Gold to Platinum before we acctivate?"

AMEX: " OK, Let's look at your acocunts and see what we can do for you -today!!!, Your Account # and moms BD please?"

Then we have a littlle more talk, as he is reviewing my options (and account history with Amex,,, 3 min max,... and BAM!!!!

AMEX: "Sir, Yes I can do that upgrade for you -- would you like to do it now without making a new application?"

AAC: " YES< THANK YOU":p :p :p

Long story short,,,,,

Platinum card is on the way, and the Gold is active...... I GET BOTH !!! SAME ACCOUNT #, AMAZING :) :)

::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta:: ::travolta::

WE LOV AMEX ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: WE LUV AMEX::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: WE LUV AMEX

Are you guys serious???????

Maybe I am lost. I understand credit better now, thanks to this site:D

But all I see is people just applying for all this credit. Is it really needed?

Not to step on peoples toes but if you really need a $20K limit then you may just need a better career. (Warren Buffet even speaks against credit cards). I guess its ok for building credit but that cushion most likely have some people on a reality TV show riding with a bald headed man in a Ford explorer, him telling what you can and what you can't buy. Not understanding my Credit hurt me so long so all I can say is please be sensible, the economy is not the best right now. ( I'm comfortable now, after the mortgage came, then came offers of credit, they went straight to the trash can.)

Are you guys serious???????

I guess its ok for building credit but that cushion most likely have some people on a reality TV show riding with a bald headed man in a Ford explorer, him telling what you can and what you can't buy.

What in the world does that mean???

I think its incredible that AMEX is being so generous.. Who knows when the luv button will stop working...

Why wouldn't you aim for the highest credit line that you could get.. Not only does it look good and feel good, but if your responsible with your credit then it will only make your life better.... I comend this thread for being created, it has helped out so many people.. So instead of questioning it, you should be embracing it......

Chris

I think that it is great that AMEX is being generous... but... onto the down side.... yes, it may feel good.... but.... that much credit isnt a good thing.. and alot of us here didnt get here by being responsible to begin with...so, I can see the wonderfullness of it... but also the slippery downslide too.....

I believe that you should do what you can handle. No one said you had to have the big limits, in fact you can even decrease them if you want. But there is a method to the madness. The many reasons are enumerated throughout this forum and I will not repeat them here. I know for a fact that I will never use this much credit. I'm just not a big shopper. So for me, this can only help. If you still haven't learned from past mistakes, then yes all of this credit is dangerous. This thread is for those who are prepared for the responsibility.

What in the world does that mean???

I think its incredible that AMEX is being so generous.. Who knows when the luv button will stop working...

Why wouldn't you aim for the highest credit line that you could get.. Not only does it look good and feel good, but if your responsible with your credit then it will only make your life better.... I comend this thread for being created, it has helped out so many people.. So instead of questioning it, you should be embracing it......

Chris

Chris,

yboyd is refering to a cable tv show called "Big Spender."

And thanks for the comments, I completely agree. Ok, I admit I might be a bit biased. :)

Sky I mailed my checks to Amex today ( Oasis program); I will be joining the Amex love club soon. I cant imagine anyone who actually cleaned up their credit going back to the mistakes that were made before. So Sky here to you :IThankYou:xFlowersx

Welcome to the Club! I hope that very soon you feel the Amex luv! :mrgreen:

Chris,

I didn't say anything was wrong with applying for credit cards but all I say is be sensible with it. Amex is a business and businesses don't really care about people. All they care about is the price of their stocks. They have no reason to be loyal to customers If you are broke and can't pay what's their incentive to keep dealing with a broke person. None. So all this "Love" they are showing "you" is not for your benefit, it has nothing to do with you, its for people who actually who has an interest in that company. If you can't pay a company what options do they have. They can write it off, sue you or garnish your wages. With those options they will always win. So it doesn't matter if you can pay them back or not. So with all that said it's not "love" its business. I am not a Financial advisor or anything but I have seen some people with 12 or more cards with balances on them still applying for more cards, doesn't make sense to me.

(whatever happen to that commercial where the guy is riding around on his lawnmower in front of the big house, dressed nicely, smiling while realizing "he has debt up to his eyeball")With all that said again alot of Credit can be misleading it can have you believing that you are in better shape than you really are. I am not trying to impress my opinions on anyone I am just stating it. I was told by my real estate broker once you control your finances you control your destiny( she is so wise and pretty)..... ... If you owe someone then you still are not in control of your destiny b/c in some way they got a hold of you....Sorry to be so long winded but I battled to get my credit straight so finances is right next to ACC basketball for me....:twisted:

I'm so jealous..... lol

You all are so funny. ;)

Kiddo, me to I am so freaking green with envy. yboyd I value your opinion and as for me i have a balance on my cards but only the card that have 0% for the year. As soon as the interest rate increase I will pay it off.

I can't wait to get my own freaking love button. And yes stocks in Amex is a good thing may be i should buy some too. If i am giving them my business I may as well benefit from their stocks.

I want at least a combined total of 50 thousand. heheheheh.

if i can get more i will be sooooooooooo happy.

Well I should be back in school soon so if my loans are late, I can use the card to pay until the loans come in. I have control. I understand credit now and I know what bad credit means. I wont ever go back to bad credit ever.

But i so want the american express love 8-)