Actually I was...but it's ok I just got an email from Orchard Bank I was approved for $300 and my card is on it's way! xdancex

Whoo-hoo!! Today Orchard, tomorrow... AmEx!!! (just tryin' to get back on topic... heh)

After Reading All The Posts And Advice That I've Received From All Of You'll I Applied For The Amex Delta Card Last Night And Received An Instant Approval For 13,300. The Question I Have Is Can I Apply For Any Of The Other Amex Cards Now Or Do I Need To Wait Until I Have The Card In Hand. If I Can Apply For Another Amex Card Which Ones Should I Apply For.

Lexus Fianancial 25,000 9/1/06 @ 3.99%

Hooters 3,000

Suntrust Bank 60,000 Heloc @ 6.25% 9/15/06

Kay Jewelers 2,000

Hsbc 1000.00

First Premier 250 Closed This Account 10/15/06

Nmb Secured Cards 300.00 X2

Fico Scores

767 Tu

699 Exp

631 Eq

Amex likes to do financial reviews on people who open too many cards too soon. That's an amazing credit line from them.

I'd wait six months before applying for your next Amex. I waited ten months for my second one.

BTW, Amex REALLY likes it if you PIF.

So I just got my Amex Clear...today I decided to try that wonderful CLI link. What happened you ask? Well instead of them deciding what CLI to give and getting an instant approval, I asked for a $5000 increase(CL $15000 now) and instantly got one. Can you believe it?!! I've said many times before and I will say it again, I Love Amex!!!

So I just got my Amex Clear...today I decided to try that wonderful CLI link. What happened you ask? Well instead of them deciding what CLI to give and getting an instant approval, I asked for a $5000 increase(CL $15000 now) and instantly got one. Can you believe it?!! I've said many times before and I will say it again, I Love Amex!!!

They'll give you more credit than you can ever use responsibly. I have well over a 100k in available credit and for me to use such credit to its fullest would lead to my financial doom. That amounts to giving me enough rope to hang myself with.

The only thing they're giving you is borrowed money you have to pay interest on.

...and some point soon all these requests for more and more credit will trigger a financial review, wherein they'll ask for proof (paystubs, tax returns) of your ability to make the payments should you decide to go hogwild and max out. AmEx does that. And you never know what the threshold might be.

I have three cards...I put everything on there I possibly can (as long as I can pay it at the end of the month). I average around 1500 to 2000 a month. Amex really loves for you to pay in full. Oh and watch your utilization. Whatever my credit line is I never go above 20%(per card).

I can't help myself either...I just keep returning like some addict in need of a fix!! "Hi my name is skyfox2020 and I'm addicted to credit line increases...."

I so need to stop!

Yes. Yes you do.

I can't help myself either...I just keep returning like some addict in need of a fix!! "Hi my name is skyfox2020 and I'm addicted to credit line increases...."

I so need to stop!

LOL...well, I didnt hit the button, I'm thinking maybe I should wait until it reports a few months and I've made good payment history with them....

BUT I got my hubby to get one! got approved for 2K as well, I guess that's their minimum for rebuilders or something! Either way...I'm thrilled!

My DH got his Delta Amex yesterday in the mail and I thought I'd take the chance to hit the CLI button when activating the card. So I did, but there was no immediate increase. I am assuming this means a big fat NO :( . He got an email this morning:

Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American ExpressÒ Card Account.

We are currently processing your application.

You will be receiving additional communication regarding your application.

Thank you for applying with American Express.

Now I' wishing I hadn't hit the button but at least now we know. Oh well.