I was just approved Friday, so I should have it by Friday/next Monday. I'm in my last stage of moving and my mail (for some reason) still hasn't been forwarded yet. Just needed an approximate day so that I will only have to make one trip to my old mail box this week.

Thanks for the info, hun!8]

wearedummed,

Unfourtunately, usually that means no (but you may still get it). It is an immediate approval online otherwise. You can also check the status of the increase by using the online app status button (see previous post). Just give it about a month. That is what it took my Mom to get her first increase.

"High utilization of credit lines or insufficient utilization information." -- that's exaggerating.

"Delinquency reported on accounts." -- probably my student loan from 3 years ago!

"Your application indicated you rent your home."

-- I thought this was America! So, I can't afford a $400,000 home in D.C. What law am I breaking?

"Number of revolving accounts." -- Ain't nothing wrong with my number of revolving accounts!

The Shysters!

"High utilization of credit lines or insufficient utilization information." -- that's exaggerating.

"Delinquency reported on accounts." -- probably my student loan from 3 years ago!

-- I thought this was America! So, I can't afford a $400,000 home in D.C. What law am I breaking?

"Number of revolving accounts." -- Ain't nothing wrong with my number of revolving accounts!

The Shysters!

Yeah, AmEx is big on that homeownership thing. Let's see... I'm in a single-income household, and where I live it takes a minimum of half a million dollars to buy even the most basic house. And the odds of my qualifying for that much on my own? Uh... not good. So bite me, AmEx. I rent. Since when does NOT being half a million dollars in debt make you a bad risk, anyway?

wearedummed,

Unfourtunately, usually that means no (but you may still get it). It is an immediate approval online otherwise. You can also check the status of the increase by using the online app status button (see previous post). Just give it about a month. That is what it took my Mom to get her first increase.

That's what I figured. You think in a month he should try again, really? Wouldnt they just decline it because it might look needy?

Tourniquet,

Wow, I can't believe they said that! This must be something new! Neither I, my mom, nor my sister own homes (we all have cards). Looks like Amex is changing things up a little bit.

Tourniquet,

Is it possible for you to be an AU on someone's account? In my sister's case, she had two low limit Orchard CCs but was denied from other cards due to bankruptcy. However, as soon as I put her as an AU on my Clear she was able to get three new cards: HSBC Platinum $5000, WAMU $2000, USAA(!!) $2000.

USAA had even denied her a few months earlier. She promptly cancelled both Orchards (see was paying an annual fee for both).

Tourniquet,

Is it possible for you to be an AU on someone's account? In my sister's case, she had two low limit Orchard CCs but was denied from other cards due to bankruptcy. However, as soon as I put her as an AU on my Clear she was able to get three new cards: HSBC Platinum $5000, WAMU $2000, USAA(!!) $2000.

USAA had even denied her a few months earlier. She promptly cancelled both Orchards (see was paying an annual fee for both).

Thanks, but no, I don't even want to be an AU on anyone's account. It's taken me 8 years to get my credit out of the gutter and I'm doing pretty good on my own.

And when I do own my home, I'm still not crawling to American Express. I don't care if they get down on their hands and knees and beg me.

Tourniquet,

Wow, I can't believe they said that! This must be something new! Neither I, my mom, nor my sister own homes (we all have cards). Looks like Amex is changing things up a little bit.

No, it's not new.

They'll give you more credit than you can ever use responsibly. I have well over a 100k in available credit and for me to use such credit to its fullest would lead to my financial doom. That amounts to giving me enough rope to hang myself with.

The only thing they're giving you is borrowed money you have to pay interest on.

You are wise beyond your years. If I had only known that at 20 years of age, I wouldn't have gotten in the mess I found myself in 6-7 years ago.

What are you guys Loving????? Just the large CL? I just checked them out online and after the first 12-18 months the apr starts at 14.24%!!!!! There is no way in H*ll I would pay that high of an interest rate. Are you guys getting a better deal then that? My highest apr now is 7.9% fixed.

What are you guys Loving????? Just the large CL? I just checked them out online and after the first 12-18 months the apr starts at 14.24%!!!!! There is no way in H*ll I would pay that high of an interest rate. Are you guys getting a better deal then that? My highest apr now is 7.9% fixed.

National Parks?

YES! And I love them! No annual fee, higher CL and low fixed rate. My MC (it's Citi) is 5.9 but, that's a teaser rate (I think). It was 0% for a year and now it's 5.9. Im not sure for how long.

I remembered you from my thread about it. :) Have you tried for the 6.9 Arbor Day yet?

::jacked::